User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2014, 05:01 PM   #1
CowboyRR OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
2014 1190 taillight and spokes

First post here...I read the entire 2014 1190 thread and searched others and have not seen these 2 questions answered.

1) I have noticed my tail light blinks once about 1-2 minutes after shutting off the bike. I have not read anything about this in the owners manual but maybe I missed it - anybody have a clue if this is normal function of the electrical system?

2) What is the size and torque spec for the spokes? I looked in the torque specs in the owner's manual and there is no mention of it that I can find. Pinging the spokes with a screwdriver (per the manual) reveals a symphony of notes across the wheel. Looking to buy a spoke torque wrench but wary that the sizes Im seeing wont match this unique KTM (i.e. 6.9mm wrench vs. some other size spoke nipple on the bike).

Thanks
CowboyRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:09 PM   #2
Gimme 2
Team slo ass

Oddometer: 1,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboyRR View Post
First post here...I read the entire 2014 1190 thread and searched others and have not seen these 2 questions answered.

1) I have noticed my tail light blinks once about 1-2 minutes after shutting off the bike. I have not read anything about this in the owners manual but maybe I missed it - anybody have a clue if this is normal function of the electrical system?

2) What is the size and torque spec for the spokes? I looked in the torque specs in the owner's manual and there is no mention of it that I can find. Pinging the spokes with a screwdriver (per the manual) reveals a symphony of notes across the wheel. Looking to buy a spoke torque wrench but wary that the sizes Im seeing wont match this unique KTM (i.e. 6.9mm wrench vs. some other size spoke nipple on the bike).

Thanks

Gday Cowboyrr

I rekon the light is to notify that the immobiliser is active.

As for the spokes , i have spoked wheels many times, the first time is a bit daunting . Basically , get comfortable and the wheel spinning free to work on.
Start at the valve & pick the dullest spoke/s, give it half a turn,( no more, unless its really loose , this creates distorsion in all sorts of places) untill you work your way back to it. Keep this going, tap and listen, you may need to go less than half a turn as you cycle . The object is a uniform sound from all of the spokes . It does't take long and its easy when you've done it a few times.
Get a nice spoke spanner, Drc make a full set ,motion pro are also good, use a drop of silicon fluid on the nipples, they'll love you for it.

If you can tune a guitar you will not need a tork spanner
Gimme 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 01:53 PM   #3
CowboyRR OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Thanks for the reply. any idea on the spoke size?I'm guessing a 6.9 mm wrench will fit?
CowboyRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:17 PM   #4
RobZorba
RobZorba

Oddometer: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme 2 View Post
I rekon the light is to notify that the immobiliser is active.
Yep, same on mine, its the immobiliser activating.