ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-26-2014, 08:15 AM   #961
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: BC
Oddometer: 582
And just to add to the options ...........

There will be new Lynx for the 690/500 EXC in the fall that will be styled in a similar way to our new Voodoo 990 fairing with the same lights
__________________
www.britanniacomposites.com
Ian B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:20 AM   #962
12Bong13
Gnarly Adventurer
 
12Bong13's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Rouyn-Noranda, Qc
Oddometer: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian B View Post
There will be new Lynx for the 690/500 EXC in the fall that will be styled in a similar way to our new Voodoo 990 fairing with the same lights
NICE!

Can't wait to see that. If it looks similar to the pic provided, it will really great!
12Bong13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 01:35 PM   #963
kurahousu
n00b
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Oddometer: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Bong13 View Post
NICE!



Can't wait to see that. If it looks similar to the pic provided, it will really great!

Ant spyshot about it? :)
kurahousu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 02:44 PM   #964
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: BC
Oddometer: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurahousu View Post
Ant spyshot about it? :)
'Teaser' of the prototype currently being tested
__________________
www.britanniacomposites.com
Ian B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:27 PM   #965
GillaFunk
I use profanities
 
GillaFunk's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Penngrove, California (Sonoma County)
Oddometer: 4,072
These rawk. Once I get the rest of my DR650 project bike built, I'll be ordering a Lynx.
__________________
"America is not at war. The Marine Corps is at war; America is at the mall."
EVERYTHING I need to know I learned from Porn

FOR SALE Pelican 1520's and DR650 FMF Q Exhaust
Fall Colors Ride 2014
GillaFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 07:41 AM   #966
BackCountryCruizer
Gnarled Adventurer
 
BackCountryCruizer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Willamette Valley
Oddometer: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian B View Post
'Teaser' of the prototype currently being tested

Looks great but ........... will the low beam light be too low in the fairing? I run a fender bag on the front with tube and tire stuff that may block some of the light?
__________________
Four wheels move the body
Two wheels move the soul!

http://www.youtube.com/user/650tom
BackCountryCruizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 10:36 AM   #967
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: BC
Oddometer: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackCountryCruizer View Post

Looks great but ........... will the low beam light be too low in the fairing? I run a fender bag on the front with tube and tire stuff that may block some of the light?
It's a good point and I was aware that this style would not be suited to fender packs for the reason you have given. It would be in the way !

The only thing I can say is that the 'R' is not intended to be a replacement for the existing Lynx, so the option will be there for guys wanting to use fender bags.

Ian
__________________
www.britanniacomposites.com
Ian B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:46 PM   #968
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!
 
Jettn Jim's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: NE PA Some... PNW Some... On HIGH ADVENTURE Most!
Oddometer: 1,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackCountryCruizer View Post

Looks great but ........... will the low beam light be too low in the fairing? I run a fender bag on the front with tube and tire stuff that may block some of the light?
Riding across Labrador right now with the current style Lynx on my bike, just today standing and looking over the screen at my fender and was thinking the very same thing about the new Lynx... got wifi in Lab City to get a better look at the light placement and see that we think the same.
I've always used a Fender bag as well for a tube, powder and a patch kit.


Looks like I'll need to get creative again...

Jettn Jim screwed with this post 08-17-2014 at 09:52 PM
Jettn Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 09:51 AM   #969
GillaFunk
I use profanities
 
GillaFunk's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Penngrove, California (Sonoma County)
Oddometer: 4,072
Ian,
With the Lynx, if running each light is 35w, wouldn't that make running both at the same time draw75w? Does running the bulbs at high or low change the draw?
__________________
"America is not at war. The Marine Corps is at war; America is at the mall."
EVERYTHING I need to know I learned from Porn

FOR SALE Pelican 1520's and DR650 FMF Q Exhaust
Fall Colors Ride 2014
GillaFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 10:54 AM   #970
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: BC
Oddometer: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by GillaFunk View Post
Ian,
With the Lynx, if running each light is 35w, wouldn't that make running both at the same time draw75w? Does running the bulbs at high or low change the draw?
Each lamp is different . The low beam lamp remains on all of the time and is drawing 35w. When the Hi is switched, the Hi comes on in addition to the low, so you have both lights on and the draw is 70w.

No bikes have a problem running this as the draw on low beam is actually lower than stock and there's no problem powering the 70w for the periods of time a Hi beam is normally used.

Ian
__________________
www.britanniacomposites.com
Ian B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 08:45 PM   #971
GillaFunk
I use profanities
 
GillaFunk's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Penngrove, California (Sonoma County)
Oddometer: 4,072


No no, I know. I am just trying to determine what kind of electrical load I am putting on my stator with all the other dumb shit I'm installing on it.

Thanks for clarifying. I'll be ordering mine in the next few weeks once I get the core charge credit back from ProCycle for my 790 kit
__________________
"America is not at war. The Marine Corps is at war; America is at the mall."
EVERYTHING I need to know I learned from Porn

FOR SALE Pelican 1520's and DR650 FMF Q Exhaust
Fall Colors Ride 2014
GillaFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 05:10 PM   #972
tapp1
Adventurer
 
tapp1's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2014
Location: South Deerfield, MA
Oddometer: 14
Any updates on the new KLR kit to fit both gens?
tapp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 12:35 PM   #973
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: BC
Oddometer: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by tapp1 View Post
Any updates on the new KLR kit to fit both gens?
Nothing more to specifically update you regarding the KLR kit, other than the work on the the new R is done and we are are just getting the parts together for production starting at the beginning of October.

We are actively looking to 'borrow' both new and older KLR's locally to get the KLR kits done, which will be pretty straightforward. Unfortunately, trying to get a hold of either models before October is challenging as everyone tries to get the best out of the rest of the riding season up here !

One thing that I haven't made clear is that both the existing Lynx and the new R fit with the same mounting hardware and share the same dashboards and screens so, when the new fitting kits are done, guys will have a choice over which 'look' they prefer as fit and function of the two fairings will be the same .

Cheers Ian
__________________
www.britanniacomposites.com
Ian B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:42 PM   #974
tapp1
Adventurer
 
tapp1's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2014
Location: South Deerfield, MA
Oddometer: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian B View Post
Nothing more to specifically update you regarding the KLR kit, other than the work on the the new R is done and we are are just getting the parts together for production starting at the beginning of October.

We are actively looking to 'borrow' both new and older KLR's locally to get the KLR kits done, which will be pretty straightforward. Unfortunately, trying to get a hold of either models before October is challenging as everyone tries to get the best out of the rest of the riding season up here !

One thing that I haven't made clear is that both the existing Lynx and the new R fit with the same mounting hardware and share the same dashboards and screens so, when the new fitting kits are done, guys will have a choice over which 'look' they prefer as fit and function of the two fairings will be the same .

Cheers Ian
Thank you.

I should have ordered the Phoenix......kicking myself. I'll guess I will wait then....
tapp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 09:47 PM   #975
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: BC
Oddometer: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by tapp1 View Post
Thank you.

I should have ordered the Phoenix......kicking myself. I'll guess I will wait then....
If you would really like a Phoenix then we can still do one for you. Email me at britanniacomposites@shaw.ca

Cheers Ian
__________________
www.britanniacomposites.com
Ian B is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014