Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2013, 08:31 AM   #61
Head2Wind OP
MotorcycleMayhem

Oddometer: 2,501
The difference is Lift, Duration, and lobe separation/overlap. The SD cams are 'hotter', so they have more lift, duration.

Sent from ADVmachines.com via Tapatalk
Head2Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:04 PM   #62
Head2Wind OP
MotorcycleMayhem

Since this is a solid running EFI 950, I am going to put the standard 950 bits and pieces up for sale for anyone that wants to convert a 990 to carbs. PM me if you are interested.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:10 AM   #63
Yascher
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Head2Wind View Post
The difference is Lift, Duration, and lobe separation/overlap. The SD cams are 'hotter', so they have more lift, duration.

Sent from ADVmachines.com via Tapatalk
but only for 950, late 990 ones are the same with SD i believe.
Yascher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:13 PM   #64
Head2Wind OP
MotorcycleMayhem

Just showed up yesterday with a order of other tires.... Going to try them out on the 'stein They are Heidenau K73 super moto rain tires Should be fun!

Old 04-16-2014, 05:28 PM   #65
oilrecycler
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Hey, thanks for your tips on my other problem.

I have a question for you regarding FI. I just installed 06 SD cams in a 07 Adv. Did you use the SD computer and program or the 07 Adv computer and program? My 07 came with a PC3. I have only put a few miles on it before tearing it apart, but the part throttle transition while cruising was real jerky. I purchased a PCV with an autotune. I am on page 20 or so on the TuneECU thread but about 160 pages left. I see there has been discussion on coping '09/up tables onto 07 program to overcome a this problem as they refer to it as table switching. Just looking for any advice on your experience.
oilrecycler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:34 PM   #66
Head2Wind OP
MotorcycleMayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilrecycler View Post
Hey, thanks for your tips on my other problem.

I have a question for you regarding FI. I just installed 06 SD cams in a 07 Adv. Did you use the SD computer and program or the 07 Adv computer and program? My 07 came with a PC3. I have only put a few miles on it before tearing it apart, but the part throttle transition while cruising was real jerky. I purchased a PCV with an autotune. I am on page 20 or so on the TuneECU thread but about 160 pages left. I see there has been discussion on coping '09/up tables onto 07 program to overcome a this problem as they refer to it as table switching. Just looking for any advice on your experience.
I am running a 07 ADV ECU with a copy/pasted custom SDR tune. Used TuneEcu to perform the copy/paste. You can take a 2012 ADV-R tune and copy/paste it into the 07 ADV ECU base map as well. My bike is 'weird' in that it has all of these modifications and none of the 'standard' tunes work. Presently I have the O2 sensors OFF and secondaries OFF. Future goals are to turn the O2 back on and POSSIBLY turn the secondaries ON as well, but it runs REALLY nice right now, it just REALLY likes the fuel....
Old 06-25-2014, 06:08 PM   #67
OldDog
Smelly Adventurer type

Oddometer: 4,347
Gday H2W just found this thread after it was mentioned over on my blown 990 thread in Some assembly.Cool project I like what you're doing here, I had similar..but different ideas to you, regarding a motard build. I ended up shortening the ADV frame by 100mm and have fitted an SD motor (for the gearbox ratios as well as the extra power etc) have stuck with the ADV swingarm but using SD rear shock and SM forks, SD wheels. I havn't dug into the engine yet but the eventual plan is fitting a supercharger. Anyway, you've given me some more idea's, thanks!
How has your bike progressed? Got any pics to share with us?

Cheers

OD

“Yesterday afternoon I was planning to ride Dakar, this morning I was planning to throw up in my helmet” - Boris Mihailovich
OldDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:23 PM   #68
Head2Wind OP
MotorcycleMayhem

It will run, but the battery is out of it right now... and back in November I pulled the front suspension and tri clamp to go through them... and then.. it sits there waiting for my attention. I have the replacement steer bearings and the new springs for the forks (.64) but need to get all of the valve shims, seals, bushings so I can re-valve the forks and put it all back together....

Right now its a uni-cycle

I have managed to get myself very over committed in a bunch of areas and unfortunately I have not been able to spend time on my own stuff.

Supercharged? mmmmm I like pressure charged engines
Old 06-26-2014, 06:54 PM   #69
OldDog
Smelly Adventurer type

Oddometer: 4,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Head2Wind View Post
I have managed to get myself very over committed in a bunch of areas and unfortunately I have not been able to spend time on my own stuff.
I know that feeling. Still it gives you time to stop (in those idle moments)and rethink what your plan is and come up with better solutions.....thats my story anyway

“Yesterday afternoon I was planning to ride Dakar, this morning I was planning to throw up in my helmet” - Boris Mihailovich
OldDog is offline   Reply With Quote