ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2014, 07:08 AM   #67126
mpenner
Heavy Cruiser

Oddometer: 813
My car window stuck halfway down on Memorial Day so I have ridden the bike to work every day since.

Because I had missed all of the rain, I was stupid enough to make a remark to my wife last Friday morning that I wasn't afraid of the rain, it was afraid of me.

Starting Friday and for 4 days straight now I have gotten a soaking rain either to or from work. God has a remarkable sense of humor.

Sent from my cave using smoke signals

2001 KLR 650
2003 V-Strom DL1000
mpenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 07:33 AM   #67127
jules083
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,209
Does anyone want to buy something so I can go get ruppster's tw200?

1995 klr250

2003 xr650r

2002 yz125

The klr and yz I want $1200 for, unless someone can talk ruppster down. $2000 for the xr

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1003485
jules083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:12 AM   #67128
ScienceOfDirt
U-Boat Rider

Oddometer: 1,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpenner View Post
My car window stuck halfway down on Memorial Day so I have ridden the bike to work every day since.

Because I had missed all of the rain, I was stupid enough to make a remark to my wife last Friday morning that I wasn't afraid of the rain, it was afraid of me.

Starting Friday and for 4 days straight now I have gotten a soaking rain either to or from work. God has a remarkable sense of humor.

Sent from my cave using smoke signals
I got my annual soaking done yesterday. I hope I'm done for the year, but I doubt it. There's at least one other inmate, that I talked to briefly as I was leaving lunch, who also decided it would be OK to ride during a flash flood watch with a thunderstorm on the way. Sorry I couldn't talk longer, but I was running late.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:37 AM   #67129
bikeridermark
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,222
mpenner, I saw your road on the news this morning. Flooded.
bikeridermark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:45 AM   #67130
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,244
I believe it, we are in a sweet spot that has just been deluged the past few days, it has been sunny 3 miles to the north and rain a 1/2" here. We have gotten somewhere north of 3" in the past 2 days.

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:15 AM   #67131
mpenner
Heavy Cruiser

Oddometer: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeridermark View Post
mpenner, I saw your road on the news this morning. Flooded.
"This morning Hartford Firefighters along with Monroe Township, Granville Township and the Licking County Rescue Team responded to a report of a person in the water at Bennington Chapel Rd and Shipley Rd. The citizen attempted to drive through the flooded roadway. She was unable to control the vehicle do [SIC] to the water conditions. Water was up to her window in the car. She exited the vehicle and tried to wade through the water to safety. Firefighters from Monroe Township entered the water with the appropriate water rescue gear and were able to locate the patient. They were able to place a life vest on her and get her to safety. The patient was very lucky with the outcome of this situation. She did not require further medical assistance or transport.

The Licking County 911 Center did a outstanding job in assisting responding personnel with the location of the victim. The new MARCS radio system was utilized to communicate clearly and effectively with responding agencies and the 911 center. We look forward to using this system on a daily basis.

Please, If the road is flooded drive around. You are placing your self at risk of injury or death.

Great Job By All Responding Agencies!!

Stay Safe"

This was just about 2 miles down the road from me.

Fortunately for this lady, the local fire departments are better at water rescue than they are at proper English grammar.

2001 KLR 650
2003 V-Strom DL1000
mpenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:00 PM   #67132
alansz400
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 877
Kyle and I had a good rain ride yesterday afternoon. The plan was to have dinner in Coshocton we made it to Greer before hitting the first of many rain clouds. Waited a few minutes for the rain to slow made it to Brinkhaven and spent a 1/2 under a picnic shelter watching it rain. Since no one was using the bike trail in the rain we rode it to Glenmont and checked out the flooding. The sun was out so we headed for Killbuck after a few stops to look at the high water it started raining again. The road to Killbuck was closed so we turned around and headed over the hill to Route 62 by now it was raining pretty hard and I gave up on the Coshocton dinner plans. Rode some flooded roads before coming back out on 62. Kyle had never been on Twp. Rd. 28 and with 50/50 tires in the pouring rain it didn't seem like this would be a good time to try it but what the hell we are already wet and muddy so 28 it is. He made it with out to much trouble. When we got to the end he said one of the water holes the water was up to his front fender. We played in the strip mine and the rain was getting harder. After a stop in Stillwell to ring out our gloves we headed home. After a hot shower we took our wet clothes to the laundry mat put them in the drier and had dinner at Trails End. 80 mile ride in the rain to have dinner 3 miles from home.
alansz400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:13 PM   #67133
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 10,108
Time spent riding with your son.....priceless.
Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 07:42 PM   #67134
alansz400
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey1 View Post
Time spent riding with your son.....priceless.

We are headed to PA. Friday afternoon for the weekend to ride and camp. No real plans if anyone wants to join us feel free. Any must see things with in 75 miles of the Ohio/PA/WV line?
Old 06-25-2014, 08:39 PM   #67135
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansz400 View Post
We are headed to PA. Friday afternoon for the weekend to ride and camp. No real plans if anyone wants to join us feel free. Any must see things with in 75 miles of the Ohio/PA/WV line?
I might be interested in that. WRR's or taking the strom?

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:17 AM   #67136
alansz400
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
I might be interested in that. WRR's or taking the strom?
Strom for me WRX for kyle.
Old 06-26-2014, 09:35 AM   #67137
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,705
I'll ride Saturday AM for a bit with you, Al. Edit, never mind, see you are leaving Friday.

My Smugmug Galleries

MeefZah screwed with this post 06-26-2014 at 10:56 AM
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:51 AM   #67138
Jon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansz400 View Post
80 mile ride in the rain to have dinner 3 miles from home.
Some of my favorite rides end up being like this.
Jon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 06:06 AM   #67139
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,705
Danville Monday or Tuesday? Time to show the WRR some love.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 06:37 AM   #67140
HairBear
I'm a Grandpa

Oddometer: 764
Just popping in to say, you lucky bastards! The wife & I just spent a week (with the car unfortunately) in the ash cave area of hocking hills. WOW, the roads in that area are amazing. The up down & arounds. After we had been driving around a couple of days I said, "I wasn't going to mention this, but this would be awesome on the bike."
The wife who is NOT in favor of me riding said, "I was thinking the same thing."
You may have a way to convert non-riders
Couldn't believe I didn't see a dual sport the whole week.