ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2014, 02:07 PM   #67156
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by motodirtlover View Post
That was fast. What are you going to get next? Don't want a good deal on a 2007 KTM 525xcw RFS do ya?
Yeah. Thanks again for the hookup on that bike. It truly was (is) an awesome piece of machinery. I really do love it. I also can recognize when I'm out of my league and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I had a hard time riding it in a smooth, competent manner. Everything was either throttle on, or throttle off. I prefer the 4 strokes for the abilty to lug and the compression braking; they seem more forgiving of fat, lazy motherfuckers like me behind the bars.

I'll keep my WRR and keep riding it as I have been.

What will I get instead? Another Glock 19 with tac light, set up as a twin to my duty gun; and a fatter savings account!

MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:08 PM   #67157
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
Maybe, let me check the fair schedule to see what is going on. I'm supposed to make 4h milkshakes or hamburgers or some shit a couple of days.
Well, Tuesday now I think I am going to go up to G and R Tactical and pick up my new piece. They are appointment only and I sent him an email to set it up. I will try to do it early in the AM though.

Old 06-27-2014, 02:34 PM   #67158
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
Well shit, abort. I be going to Charleston to sell my KTM Monday afternoon. Tuesday?
Already? I'm guessing you found something else better?
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:35 PM   #67159
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Quote:
Yeah. Thanks again for the hookup on that bike. It truly was (is) an awesome piece of machinery. I really do love it. I also can recognize when I'm out of my league and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I had a hard time riding it in a smooth, competent manner. Everything was either throttle on, or throttle off. I prefer the 4 strokes for the abilty to lug and the compression braking; they seem more forgiving of fat, lazy motherfuckers like me behind the bars.

What will I get instead? Another Glock 19 with tac light, set up as a twin to my duty gun; and a fatter savings account!
Nevermind on previous post, I guess I should have kept reading. ;)
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
Old 06-27-2014, 02:43 PM   #67160
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Quote:

I'm sure you'd love the 350 XCF-W. Everyone that has ridden mine so far say it's the perfect 4T tight woods bike. Even guys riding 450/5XX XC-W's
Old 06-27-2014, 04:06 PM   #67161
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
I'm sure you'd love the 350 XCF-W. Everyone that has ridden mine so far say it's the perfect 4T tight woods bike. Even guys riding 450/5XX XC-W's
You just trying to get a 'broken bone buddy' to hang out with?

I'm good. Every time I rode the KTM I came away impressed with how good the WRR is, and I realize that might sound stupid, because the KTM is such a phenomenal bike. But for the riding I do, and the skill set I possess, the WRR really is an excellent choice. It's just easy to ride. I realize this year's Flint Ridge was greasier than some prior years, but I couldn't help thinking how much of an easier time I had the past few times on the WRR. Again, I realize the absurdity of what I am saying, since everyone will tell you "200 2 stroke KTM is the perfect woods bike".

Old 06-27-2014, 07:58 PM   #67162
rxcrider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,295
I love a 200, but perfect is not the word I'd use. They like to be on the pipe and don't lug well enough for lazy riding - you need to be on your game. The Husky WR250 I just sold with a flywheel weight had power delivery similar to an old KTM 400EXC, plenty when you needed it, but forgiving with little hit and forgiving when you grabbed too much. The 2005 300 EXC I got from Kory was the best suspended bike I've ever owned, but it had more power than I needed and tried to hurt me a few times because of it. Both the 250 and 300 have the torque to ride a gear high and stay just off the pipe. They can get better fuel economy than the 200 because of it. If I were to pick 3 bikes for Ohio woods, 400EXC, 250EXC & Husaberg FE390 would be it for my skill level. I need enough torque to be lazy without the power to kill me.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:16 PM   #67163
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,289

If any of your air conditioning units take a poop this summer, I suggest you contact Craig (swingset). He hooked me up today, way cheaper than I would have spent otherwise, and I am back to living in climate controlled luxury.

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 08:52 PM   #67164
sion
sigh-own

Oddometer: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgbgt89 View Post
That would make an excellent film title.

The V65 Big Bottom Massacre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJL1984 View Post
Hey guys, this is my first post so be nice. I felt the time was right due to the V65 popping up. Had one myself, fun bike. Took a vaca day next Wednesday and I am going to be heading down and exploring the Wayne National Forest area on my Wee. Tons of covered bridges. Should be great. Have a good one everyone!

If you are coming from Clyde on your way to Marrietta, you'll be passing my neck of the woods (Hocking Hills) along the way*. As it happens, I have next Wednesday off, and can show you some fun roads and nice covered bridges around here. We can hit up 3 or 4 of the bridges in 2 hours (or less) and then send you on your way to Marietta. Shoot me a pm if interested.

*edit: or maybe not...I just checked and saw that its much quicker for you to come down I-77 than come past Lancaster...well anyway, the offer still stands...if you come through this area that day or any other...if I'm not at work I'm always up for a ride.

Quote:

If any of your air conditioning units take a poop this summer, I suggest you contact Craig (swingset). He hooked me up today, way cheaper than I would have spent otherwise, and I am back to living in climate controlled luxury.

thats coz Craig is a way cool dude...and now you are too

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 10:39 PM   #67165
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 14,169
Quote:

I think I'm sort of outside his service area or I'd deal exclusively with him.
2006 KLR650
2001 YZ426 (street Legal)
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 11:44 PM   #67166
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
I think I'm sort of outside his service area or I'd deal exclusively with him.
Maybe because you live in BFE?
Old 06-28-2014, 09:15 AM   #67167
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Quote:
Maybe because you live in BFE?
Maybe but that's still BFI (Be Fore Indypup)

First video of a few I'll do for roads in the Adirondacks that actually go somewhere. Like Ohio it seem that the NYDEC an private land owners have conspired to keep all dirt roads and such as dead end paths. I was able to locate a few in different areas of the park which are not dead end roads. This one goes between Eagle Bay and Raquette Lake saving riders 20 miles of paved road on rt 28 which is usually filled with RV's and NYC drivers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRNo2Q0AFm8
2006 KLR650
Old 06-28-2014, 03:29 PM   #67168
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
Maybe but that's still BFI (Be Fore Indypup)

First video of a few I'll do for roads in the Adirondacks that actually go somewhere. Like Ohio it seem that the NYDEC an private land owners have conspired to keep all dirt roads and such as dead end paths. I was able to locate a few in different areas of the park which are not dead end roads. This one goes between Eagle Bay and Raquette Lake saving riders 20 miles of paved road on rt 28 which is usually filled with RV's and NYC drivers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRNo2Q0AFm8
I didn't know you were in the adirondacks! Vacation or visiting family?
Old 06-28-2014, 06:33 PM   #67169
Chuck az
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 173
What's the story with iron pony motor sports in Westerville?I just moved here and it is pretty close to my house. Also is there any preferred independent BMW or KTM mechanics in Columbus?
Old 06-28-2014, 07:29 PM   #67170
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Quote:
I didn't know you were in the adirondacks! Vacation or visiting family?
Both.
2006 KLR650