User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2014, 09:40 PM   #1
shocker2000 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
So the bike arrived

In the dealership today getting my valuation done, and chatting to them about vinning it. Sounds like I might have one potential snag, I don't think my lights have the dot ratings on the plastics. What are the odds anyone has front and rear lights that would fight an 05 gsxr, and would be willing to rent them to me haha.

Also anyone have any experience with Holeshot Motors? That is the dealer I am looking at getting to take a look.

Cheers,
shocker2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 11:39 PM   #2
trustme
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 948
Steve the owner is a very commercial sort of guy, there are no freebies around him. Rob the Pommie [English to you ] salesman with the long beard used to be the workshop foreman & is a good bugger. Winston the yarpie [ Sth African to you ] used to run the workshop , may still do as I know he is still there, also a good guy. Th parts guy Mike races a Suzi 600 suck up to him , good guy . All in all they are as good a dealer as any.

Welcome to UnZud, England is spoke here. You'll get used to it

trustme screwed with this post 06-17-2014 at 11:53 PM
trustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 01:06 AM   #3
Voltaire
Bored Of The Rings

Oddometer: 1,404
Geez Trustme..do you know every bike shop bloke in AK?
I would have thought a North American Spec bike would have numbers on the lights or lites?
Vin places are a bit hit and miss, I had a Ducati Re vinned a few years back as the rego had lapsed...no problems.
A few WOF's later they pinged me on having a Euro dipping headlight lens.
Voltaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 03:50 AM   #4
bart-nz
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 688
Go to a small town bike shop that usually deals with quads and farm bikes. They let anything through. Works for me.

bart-nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 04:03 AM   #5
motu
Loose Pre Unit

Oddometer: 4,443
They have sorta dropped the DOT and E compliance on lamps...because a lot of modern stuff doesn't have them. So...if you can pass OE stuff that don't have anything on them, then aftermarket with no markings is ok too. It's in the don't look too hard section.
motu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 12:27 PM   #6
trustme
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 948
I don't know the hoops you have to go through to get the bike rego'd but if you need a wof try Roger at Action Bike Wreckers 62 Barry's Pt Rd.
Some of the dealers use the WOF as a means of selling parts & workshop time,
Roger has carried out minor repairs then passed my bike at no extra charge.
Ask him about his Moon , guaranteed pass.
trustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 03:22 PM   #7
shocker2000 OP
Adventurer

Ya, the lights are the only thing I am expecting any issues with. Brakes have 15,000k on them so they should be fine. Tires maybe have 1000km on them so I know those are good.

The tail light and front light are after market.. I am thinking the fronts have the marking... something is written on them. The back lights were a bit of a hack job by the previous owner, and one is missing a plastic and I know the other one has nothing written on it.
Old 06-19-2014, 03:48 AM   #8
jafar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocker2000 View Post
Ya, the lights are the only thing I am expecting any issues with. Brakes have 15,000k on them so they should be fine. Tires maybe have 1000km on them so I know those are good.

The tail light and front light are after market.. I am thinking the fronts have the marking... something is written on them. The back lights were a bit of a hack job by the previous owner, and one is missing a plastic and I know the other one has nothing written on it.
Run it through the VIN system & see what they fail you on. Chances are pretty good that it will fly through
jafar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 07:24 PM   #9
shocker2000 OP
Adventurer

Thanks again everyone... one last question.

So my baby has cleared customs, and was picked up by Holeshot today to get its compliance and all that jazz. I can't get a straight answer from anyone, so assuming it passes compliance I am guessing my next steps are this?

1. Pick up paperwork from the dealer saying that it has cleared
2. Take paperwork to a post shop in order to get my plates
3. Put plates on bike and enjoy life?

Normally I would just figure this out when I hear back from them, but I pretty much need the vehicle on the road for Monday so I am trying to make sure I fully understand the process so hopefully on Saturday I can get everything done.

Cheers,
Old 06-30-2014, 08:25 PM   #10
Voltaire
Bored Of The Rings

Oddometer: 1,404
Last time I had a bike done thru a bike shop, you just picked up the bike from them and did the change of ownership on line, unless they already have done it for you.
cheers
Voltaire is offline   Reply With Quote