Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2014, 06:17 AM   #16
Hagenblad OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
Made my first video from Rally Albania. What do you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMKq...lLOMtzTMJD9SpQ
Old 07-03-2014, 09:49 AM   #17
Surf & Moto
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Hi Carl,

Subscribed

What happened with the documents to the Dakar organization?, did you sent them?, got the answer?

Take care
http://aearos.tumblr.com
Dakar 2015
Surf & Moto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 01:17 PM   #18
Happe
Offroad Nut

Oddometer: 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagenblad View Post

Very Nice. Go Calle!
Happe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 12:30 AM   #19
Hagenblad OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf & Moto View Post
Hi Carl,

Subscribed

What happened with the documents to the Dakar organization?, did you sent them?, got the answer?

Take care
Sent in to the ASO and then I called and asked if it´s enough, since the rules says you have to have done a FIM-rally or equivalent. Hellas is FIM-rules, so I should be good to go. They said I had all the experience I need, and they are looking for my sort of people, but I need to add the official results with the presentation. So I did, and sent it again, with the first payment. Felt great to fill in all info on the Dakar site.
Now I also sent in my Albanian result, whick they also thought was good. So, now I just wait and see.

/C
Old 07-04-2014, 12:31 AM   #20
Hagenblad OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happe View Post
Very Nice. Go Calle!
Thanks Happe, I will do just that.
Old 07-04-2014, 12:54 AM   #21
GezwindeSpoed
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 213
Quote:

Brings back good memories of 2012!
Old 09-05-2014, 08:01 AM   #22
Hagenblad OP
Adventurer

Ok, better bring life into this thread now.

As John promised the LC4-50 arrived to Sweden and I did a quick check on it, changed the tires and went straight into the woods. Raining, muddy and wet logs everywhere. The reason for this was to see if it was too heavy for me (I'm 73 kg). Worked just fine when flipping the bike, in bogs, and other gnarly enduro tracks. I called and said I'll ride this thing in the Dakar-rally for sure.

Same weekend me and Mikael Berglund, who's also on the Dakar team met up in a 2-day Roadbook rally. Took us 3 h to force our way through the first 80 km, and the whole 500 km day seemed to be all rocks, bogs and power line tracks. 14 h on the bike. Felt ok, but in high speed I didn't feel confident. That changed the next day. No problem what so ever and Micke asked how many red bulls I had for breakfast. So, it works fine and I'll ride it in the real race.

I'll also try to write a decent review on it.

Testing the LC4-50 for the first time.

Mud, I mean grass track

Me and Mikael starting early the Dakar shake-down.

Looks deep down there

Old fire tower

Sometimes muddy in Dalarna
http://youtu.be/wqzl8dAxmX0

Old 09-24-2014, 11:25 AM   #23
Hagenblad OP
Adventurer

With the two ground rules from John; "Drive like you stole it", and "anyone can test it", The LC4-50 Elise is on it's way back to the UK. Rode about 1900 km on it with absolutely no problems, mostly with team member and friend Mikael Berglund. Right now we are in the middle of all the admin work. Planes, clothes, tents, food, regulations, tests and license. I've saved this years vacation and worked all summer. I also worked a lot extra, fixing motors and also sold out all the crap in my basement (Wife's happy), and with the bike it looks possible. Training a lot now, but after a MX-crash I promised the team no more motocross and no more competetitions. In two weeks there is an enduro, but I changed from iron man class to team with my wife Anna, so I take it more as a training session.

Old 09-24-2014, 11:28 AM   #24
Hagenblad OP
Adventurer

Sorry about the pic size in the last post.

From now on the focus is lifting weights, enduro and terrain running.

Old 11-30-2014, 08:44 AM   #25
Hagenblad OP
Adventurer

So, the bike and all of our stuff is on the Dakar boat from Le Havre in France to Buenos Aires. It's about one month to the start and I'm in the middle of hard training, to show up as fit as possible. Since you've read the story several times before about people blogging about their projects, I thought I might turn this into a last month Dakar prep thread. Is this something anyone would follow? I was thinking about what to pack, spare parts, riding gear, camping gear and stuff like that.

What do you think?
Old 11-30-2014, 09:07 AM   #26
Hagenblad OP
Adventurer

But, I might as well do a project update:

I got almost all the 33000 € + bike I need for my budget (gauge at hagenblad.se)
- I cleared out my basement for 5000 €
- I sold T-shirts for 11000 €
- I got 6000 € of sponsor money
- People worked at raising money and donating it for 2000€
- I fixed bikes and engines and dealing bikes for 5000 €

I got my Husaberg rally bike sold, which also is money locked up.

The bike I'm going for, RRP's LC4-50 is all cleared in Le Havre and looks great.

There was a misunderstanding about the Swedes tire order, so when my team mates Mikael and Mattias where on the way to France I had no tires. Great. We solved it by buying 5 tires and mousses on the road, and hopefully we can buy the rest during the competition.

So, all in all, I feel pretty good about it. Left to do is to sell some t-shirts more, train like crazy, get the jackets I ordered, pack my stuff and try to share it all on the internet. What can go wrong?

Carl
Old 11-30-2014, 09:07 AM   #27
Hagenblad OP
Adventurer

But, I might as well do a project update:

I got almost all the 33000 € + bike I need for my budget (gauge at hagenblad.se)
- I cleared out my basement for 5000 €
- I sold T-shirts for 11000 €
- I got 6000 € of sponsor money
- People worked at raising money and donating it for 2000€
- I fixed bikes and engines and dealing bikes for 5000 €

I got my Husaberg rally bike sold, which also is money locked up.

The bike I'm going for, RRP's LC4-50 is all cleared in Le Havre and looks great.

There was a misunderstanding about the Swedes tire order, so when my team mates Mikael and Mattias where on the way to France I had no tires. Great. We solved it by buying 5 tires and mousses on the road, and hopefully we can buy the rest during the competition.

So, all in all, I feel pretty good about it. Left to do is to sell some t-shirts more, train like crazy, get the jackets I ordered, pack my stuff and try to share it all on the internet. What can go wrong?

Carl

Old 11-30-2014, 10:00 AM   #28
RhinoVonHawkrider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,411
Good luck, we'll be watching
Until the colour of a man's skin - Is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes -Me say war RNM
RhinoVonHawkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 10:29 AM   #29
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Oddometer: 18,810
What can go wrong...?

Exactly...

Kudos for the great work you've put in Calle, your preparation, testing build up, packing lists etc. all great stuff... and though we've followed many privateer and even semi pro efforts here on ADVrider over the years, each journey is different, each individual is unique... and following these journeys is a pleasure for those that "stay at home" as Fab' is often quoted to have said.

But instead of the "packing list" 101 angle you pitched... you're uncle Troy is gonna' throw you a curve ball question... something entertaining; maybe even a little thought provoking for the viewers at home.

Now I've know carl for nigh on 10 years... we've ridden together on numerous occassions, hung out a fair bit and had our share of "project oriented discussions" about one thing and another... I know that Calle is a pretty resourceful, damned clever and not just a little bit determined young bloke... in a very calm and collected package. He also rides pretty damned well.

So Calle, my question to you IS along the lines of... "What can go wrong...?!" ( this is a bit of an in joke... "vad kan gå fel?" is one of carls fave catch phrases on the SOE.se offroad enthusiasts site in Sweden). Many of us know and understand how much planning and preparation goes into an effort like this... one can plan for many contingencies - but everything goes, not always to plan... does it?

So my question to you Carl von Norrköping av Hagenblad goes like this; (remember Q & A time at the final av DDU in 2007... hi-hi... i told you there'd be days like these...? )

"What previous experience in your life (it can be motorcyle oriented, it can be from another sporting or social endeavour, work related or even home/family life in general) has had the most effect on your Dakar attempt. That which mentally or physically equipped you to readily undertake the 2015 DAKAR rally this January, and will see you finish at all costs...?"

Name one defining experience or quality, that you think will be essential to your effort Calle?

Go...

"What ees all 'zis f5uss about...?"
troy safari carpente is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 02:02 PM   #30
garfey
Scruffy Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,361
Quote:
So, the bike and all of our stuff is on the Dakar boat from Le Havre in France to Buenos Aires. It's about one month to the start and I'm in the middle of hard training, to show up as fit as possible. Since you've read the story several times before about people blogging about their projects, I thought I might turn this into a last month Dakar prep thread. Is this something anyone would follow? I was thinking about what to pack, spare parts, riding gear, camping gear and stuff like that.

What do you think?
As one of the "stay at home" f5-ers that Troy mentioned in post #29 (thanks for not mentioning too-old-and-creaky-to-do-much-else, TSC ), info about last-minute preps for The Big Show would be most welcome - but not at the expense of time you feel would be better spent training. So bring it on if you feel like it, blow it off if not. Either way, I'll be wearing my Team LC4-50 shirt when the festivities kick off.