Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-04-2014, 02:34 PM   #1
rickescazu OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Question cold fueling issue/stalling

hi i have been reading about others issue with loss of power but mine is a bit different. started a few weeks about like 5. while warming up (7-10min) it died so i restarted and it ran 10 sec and died again. tried to keep it running with the throttle and it dies as soon as i crack it open. had a 1/2 tank too. next day all fine no issues. 2 weeks later while warming up again same exact thing, tied to open the tank cap made no difference. but finally after 30 min of restarting it seems to clear up and no problem. until today, when it died 2 min after i left my house. acted like out of fuel but has 3/4 tank. same gas that worked fine the prior two days to commute.

reading here sounds like could be a fuel filter or pump issue but i get no lights or warning nothing. bike is a 2013 with 10,000 kms now and had been flawless until this. what is a bad fuel dongle? the truth is here the gas sucks we all use premium and my cars do fine but maybe that is part of it. dealer claims no one else reported this problem but mine was one of the first in the country too.

it has a wings exhaust and the UNI air filter kit from down under to stop the water intake issue and that has all been fine. only other mods are a big foot, a rear custom rack, a KTM tank pack and engine bars and LED lights.

any ideas or similar experience. climate here is mild a bit humid but bot hot or cold.

thanks

Rick
rickescazu is offline   Reply With Quote