Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > New Zealand
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2014, 11:48 PM   #61
motu OP
Loose Pre Unit

Oddometer: 4,386
I bet they would've worked great for a younger me too....however, this older me feels the cold a lot more.
motu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 01:30 AM   #62
ztaj
jatz

Oddometer: 879
Quote:
Originally Posted by motu View Post

Ahem.... What is that seat off ? and the tail cowel (?)too please. I like the look of them and think they'd look pretty good on the brick
ztaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 02:41 AM   #63
motu OP
Loose Pre Unit

XR750, by Euroglass in Christchurch.
Old 06-16-2014, 01:44 AM   #64
ztaj
jatz

Oddometer: 879
Quote:
XR750, by Euroglass in Christchurch.
Cool... I'll look them up next time I'm in Chch
If it's good enough for Motu and Evel Knievel, then it's good enough for me
ztaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 04:19 AM   #65
motu OP
Loose Pre Unit

I find the stock seat puts you in one position, and I can't get forward enough for corners. The BMW solo seat is exactly the same, and cafe seats are wide too. With this seat I can move up for gravel, and in the tight twisty stuff, on the straights I move back and put my feet on the pillion pegs...just like a flattracker. I'd like a tank narrower at the rear too - one day I'll find another tank to modify.
Old 06-16-2014, 05:37 AM   #66
igormortis
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,220
Quote:
one day I'll find another tank to modify.
I've got a rough tank that came with a project - no longer needed. You can have it if you can find a way to get it from Wellington.
igormortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 03:07 AM   #67
motu OP
Loose Pre Unit

Hmmmm, ah, thank you. I don't know anyone doing regular Wellington runs anymore, but I'll look into it.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:35 PM   #68
motu OP
Loose Pre Unit

Oh look, another exhaust on my bike. This is one my wife used on her T100 in the '70's, it's exactly the same inside as those other ones you see everywhere, and I've got a couple myself, but this one fits my pipe better. I could've made a simple elegant bent strap mouunt, but went overkill with a steampunk chunky thing. On the T100 it made a snuffly sound on the over run, and still does. Makes a lot of noise, but shit it makes some power, just wants to rev and the bike ran like it was in a tail wind all day. I'd prefer not to run it because of the noise, but I'll run a couple of tanks through it to see how it goes economy wise.

I also needed to try out my new Shinko 110. Shinko have realised that motorcyclists are obsessed with chicken strips, so have given us some guidelines. Numbered 1, 2 and 3 - I got down to the 3 mark, which is good because that little bit on the edge is a good safety margin.

Old 09-27-2014, 06:32 PM   #69
motu OP
Loose Pre Unit

I've got a stainless front brake hose now, got a longer one for high bars so I can run the correct routing - works well not wooden like some I've felt. I had to go back to my dirttrack bars over winter because I couldn't fit the handlebar muffs. I don't think I'll go back to the low bars, they suit my riding style much better. The change was dramatic, after months of low bars it was back to toss it in late, toss it in hard, and get on the gas early, much more fun.

I've also rationalised my panniers, to change panniers I had to change racks as well, a bit of a pain. So now I've made racks for my fiberglass top loaders so I can just slip them on, held in place with a wing nut. To fit the BMW panniers only takes a couple of seconds, they drop on and secure with a latch, now I can fit the others in less than 30 seconds.

Or I can do this...

Or this...

I'll be able to take my auto welding helmet to work and back - at the moment it's at one place or the other, meaning I weld with a shit helmet at work, or at home, because it's always in the wrong place. When I use the car, auto helmet and grinding face mask stay in the car, always in the right place.

I repacked the reverse cone muffler and got it almost quiet - passed a WoF no problems, but the old guy who does it is half deaf and probably thinks it's a stock system anyway. But it dropped fuel economy again, so it's back to the Supertrapp which gets the best fuel economy. I've run plates from 12 down to 4 with no change in anything. Next I will make an end cap down to around 40 to 45mm.

motu screwed with this post 09-27-2014 at 08:54 PM