ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2006, 04:29 AM   #76
O.C.F.RIDER
Loose nut behind h/bars

Oddometer: 4,838
Hi gang! First I'd like to say THANKS for all the good wishes my, Ryan's, and Jolly's (sorry I don't remember your first name) speedy recovery For once in my life I seem to be at a loss for words right now. Went to get my bike yesterday, got there, started to do quick look-over and thought, "Oh, well, not to bad.......". That is until I noticed that the front fender was hitting the new rad protector I just put on the day before, because there seemed to be about a 1/4" gap between the frame tubes up by the steering head .
I feel like shit, I hurt another rider. I've crashed a bunch of times, but I never hurt anybody else. Worst part is I don't remember a fucking thing from the crash, zip, zero, nada. This sucks, I'll talk to you guy's later.
'75 Kawi 900 Z1...'90 Kawi ZX11...'03 Kawi ZRX 1200...'01 VOR 400E
O.C.F.RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 09:11 AM   #77
Jolly705
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,346
Well I finally made it home today! THanks for all the comments guys! I hope for a speedy recovery so I can be out there with everyone! I wish the best of luck to the other two guys who went down as well. Man I have crashed a few times in my day (track) but nothing compares to this!! OUCH... I posted a full report in the face plant section.
I can't wait for next time I can actually make it out there!
Jolly705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 03:56 PM   #78
bemiiten
League of Adventures

Oddometer: 4,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C.F.RIDER
Hi gang! First I'd like to say THANKS for all the good wishes my, Ryan's, and Jolly's (sorry I don't remember your first name) speedy recovery For once in my life I seem to be at a loss for words right now. Went to get my bike yesterday, got there, started to do quick look-over and thought, "Oh, well, not to bad.......". That is until I noticed that the front fender was hitting the new rad protector I just put on the day before, because there seemed to be about a 1/4" gap between the frame tubes up by the steering head .
I feel like shit, I hurt another rider. I've crashed a bunch of times, but I never hurt anybody else. Worst part is I don't remember a fucking thing from the crash, zip, zero, nada. This sucks, I'll talk to you guy's later.
Quick steering is a good thing. Sounds like the KTM may need a slight "adjustment" Possibly these guys can help out-http://www.gmdcomputrack.com/
bemiiten is offline   Reply With Quote