Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2014, 05:16 PM   #31
shocker2000 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbone11 11 View Post
Hey Shocker...keep me posted on how you got your bike into NZ....the wife and I are in the process of immigrating and would love to bring my bikes with me if I could. As nice as summer is here....its been an absolute shit of a winter and I loath the idea of going through that again anytime soon......
Hey Jbone, since it was through work and they footed the bill I didn't do much research and used who they told me to. I used a company called Crown Relocations. The cost of shipping the bike from Edmonton to Auckland, as well as 15 boxes (the minimum they could ship) was $5,700 CDN. With this they came to my place, boxed up the bike, all that jazz.

I doubt any of the inspection fees are covered in this, but I will let you know what I am still out of pocket once it is here. Right not it is scheduled to arrive June 15, and then have to clear customs and all that jazz.

PS. For you Kiwis quick question. Turns out in the move I lost the original bill of sale (I bought it private back home). What I do have is as follows:
- Registration of the bike in Canada under my name
- A signed letter from the registry office stating the period I have registered the bike for, and that I am the most recent owner.
- Copy of insurance for the bike under my name
- An electronic copy of the purchase papers

That should be enough documentation to prove ownership right? Moving company has me kinda paranoid now.
shocker2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 06:15 PM   #32
Jbone11 11
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 649
Cool...keep me posted, hope it goes well!
2003 Honda Hornet 600 (SOLD)
1969 BSA Royal Star - Let the Resurrection Begin!
Jbone11 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 03:16 AM   #33
warewolf
Tyre critic

Oddometer: 2,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocker2000 View Post
- An electronic copy of the purchase papers

That should be enough documentation to prove ownership right?
So you have a scanned copy of your bill of sale? Contact this mob and ask if that is ok: Guide to importing a vehicle

If not, see if you could get a mate back home to fax you a copy! Or get a mate to "find" an original and post it to you , just don't show the NZTA the other one you have

On this page: Used vehicles from anywhere else
"Proof of ownership- registration, deregistration or change of ownership papers plus an invoice, bill of sale or receipt, etc.
* the original documents that prove previous registration and provide an ownership trail that goes back to the last registered owner in the country where the vehicle was last registered"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McQueen
All racers I know aren't in it for the money. They race because it's something inside of them... They're not courting death. They're courting being alive.
warewolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:56 PM   #34
shocker2000 OP
Adventurer

Now I am getting a little worried about this.... should I just make a new bill of sale of and someone sign it off saying they sold me the bike? I cant imagine having original everything, but the bill of sale would be an issue.

Now that it is a few days away I am getting really stressed about all of this stuff
Old 06-11-2014, 09:18 PM   #35
warewolf
Tyre critic

Oddometer: 2,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocker2000 View Post
should I just make a new bill of sale of and someone sign it off saying they sold me the bike?
That's what I said
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McQueen
All racers I know aren't in it for the money. They race because it's something inside of them... They're not courting death. They're courting being alive.
warewolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:45 PM   #36
shocker2000 OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by warewolf View Post
That's what I said
Where do you think I got the idea haha. To me it just looks even worse if they do track it to ownership logs back home (I doubt it?) and the name of the person that "sold" it to me doesn't match the logs.
Old 06-19-2014, 02:14 AM   #37
kiwipeet
Uber Cyber Loafer

Oddometer: 3,005
Don't stress. It's not a show stopper. I imported a bike with zero papers and got through. Just be honest. Patient and polite also helps. Any documents are better than none.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
kiwipeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 02:32 PM   #38
shocker2000 OP
Adventurer

Well for those that care the bike has passed all inspections and is completely registered and legal in New Zealand now. For those curious the costs were as follows:

Freight paid: $4,700, this included all of our household goods as well though, this fee also included all fees (MAF, port fees etc). I would expect this to be much lower if you are only shipping a bike... either way work picked up this tab.

Cleaning costs - Despite having an inch of dust, they did not steam it. No fees

Inspection costs - My front and rear indicators failed inspection so they had to be replaced. Total cost of inspection and shop work: $550

Registration - For plates and registration was about another $500.

Everything went pretty good for me (think they shop gauged a bit on hours), but for those doing it in the future expect around another $1000 once you get the bike here to get it on the road.

Cheers
Old 07-09-2014, 02:48 AM   #39
kiwipeet
Uber Cyber Loafer

Oddometer: 3,005
Good to hear you're on the road. Shame the weather is so shitty this weekend. You mentioned indicators... but did you have to swap your headlight in the end?
kiwipeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 03:20 PM   #40
shocker2000 OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwipeet View Post
Good to hear you're on the road. Shame the weather is so shitty this weekend. You mentioned indicators... but did you have to swap your headlight in the end?
Headlight was fine, points straight so there was no issues. They are just very finicky about having the ratings on the indicators or they fail them. Technically I also failed for not having a rear reflector, but they just slapped one one for me to get around that.

Either way nice to finally be on the road again, need to seriously look at some good runs now