ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2014, 03:29 AM   #31
jlemond
King of No0bs

Oddometer: 162
Iv been following this. I may make it, as I might have some free time. I get to check the new work calendar this week.
Old 07-07-2014, 02:29 PM   #32
KLRrob
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
I'm out . Didn't realize we had prior plans for that weekend. Hopefully next year.
KLRrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 06:56 PM   #33
RAZR OP
yup ima hairstylist

Oddometer: 8,911
my plan is to ride KM and WMRS.
RAZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 02:26 PM   #34
Dune Rider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Im in

I plan on making it and bringing a friend. I'll get there Wednesday afternoon. I had a great time in Death Valley and looking forward to more good times. How many are going so far?
Dune Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 04:39 PM   #35
dzrtracin
ride'n 2 live

Oddometer: 2,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dune Rider View Post
I plan on making it and bringing a friend. I'll get there Wednesday afternoon. I had a great time in Death Valley and looking forward to more good times. How many are going so far?
Going to be a quaint group by the looks of it, guys im going with are not affiliated with ADV. Mammoth/june lake/bridgeport & up to toulume meadows for refreshments on Friday & Saturday should be steller

RIDE ON!
Old 07-11-2014, 07:54 PM   #36
RAZR OP
yup ima hairstylist

Oddometer: 8,911
I'll update the first page later with a head count.

this year is different since every year it's usually the first Sunday in August so it's thrown everyone off. and Kennedy Meadows is the weekend before. which I am also attending.

but yes, it will be a small group. but fuck it. let's party. and ride.

there is so much to ride in this area. Forest roads for days. single track everywhere. paved roads that have twisties and great views.
RAZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:16 PM   #37
S H I F T Y
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 697
We have a pontoon boat rented one day, we have room for a few more if you want to get off the bike and hang on the lake.

S H I F T Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:35 AM   #38
socalbubba
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Small Bike Riders (TW200)

I am interested in going on this ride and was wondering if there are any small bike riders going. I am on a TW200 and Don't know anyone else who can go. What type of riding is it ( single track/fire roads/sandy/rocky )? How long is the ride to the top in hours? any info would be appreciated. Thanks Bubba
socalbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 11:14 AM   #39
dzrtracin
ride'n 2 live

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalbubba View Post
I am interested in going on this ride and was wondering if there are any small bike riders going. I am on a TW200 and Don't know anyone else who can go. What type of riding is it ( single track/fire roads/sandy/rocky )? How long is the ride to the top in hours? any info would be appreciated. Thanks Bubba
Welcome Bubba
The road up to WMRS is a fireroad, starts out from the laws train station in bishop, you can park there & donate to the train museum, a nice gesture The ascent up it is a bit steep, switch backs & shale rock, nothing crazy though. Once to the top then is its just a plain old fireroad all the way to the Research center, INCREDIBLE views & make sure you take the detour to the 2nd OLDEST living thing on planet earth, the FIRST is there as well read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient...ne_Pine_Forest Best part is, theres cookies & milk waiting for you there
Heres some more info & different routes http://www.gbr.4wdtrips.net/4x4/whites.html

RIDE ON!

dzrtracin screwed with this post 07-12-2014 at 11:26 AM
dzrtracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 12:07 PM   #40
dunerat
WTF?

Oddometer: 14,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzrtracin View Post
Going to be a quaint group by the looks of it, guys im going with are not affiliated with ADV. Mammoth/june lake/bridgeport & up to toulume meadows for refreshments on Friday & Saturday should be steller

RIDE ON!
Sounds like ur ridin the new street bike up?
Old 07-12-2014, 02:29 PM   #41
Dune Rider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalbubba View Post

I'm bringing a friend along that has never been to the area so I'm doing small bike friendly rides touring the area on fire roads and pavement. Going up 395 to Mono Lake then dirt up to Bodie, Inyo Craters and Obsidian Dome to name a few.
Dune Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 02:55 PM   #42
dzrtracin
ride'n 2 live

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerat View Post
Sounds like ur ridin the new street bike up?
Na, dirt from browns campground, around glass mountain over to june lake, gas up, from there to mono lake & over to bridgeport, some nice stuff over there, back to lee vining, gas up, then up to tuolumne meadows for soda pops, back to mammoth for din din, back to browns for nighty night time. Not sure of the total distance, me & couple buddies made it over half way last year until his bike blew a crank bearing. Thats the mission this year, completion!!!!!!!!!

RIDE ON!
Old 07-12-2014, 03:06 PM   #43
dunerat
WTF?

Oddometer: 14,308
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzrtracin View Post
Na, dirt from browns campground, around glass mountain over to june lake, gas up, from there to mono lake & over to bridgeport, some nice stuff over there, back to lee vining, gas up, then up to tuolumne meadows for soda pops, back to mammoth for din din, back to browns for nighty night time. Not sure of the total distance, me & couple buddies made it over half way last year until his bike blew a crank bearing. Thats the mission this year, completion!!!!!!!!!

RIDE ON!
Check,SE I'm assuming
Old 07-12-2014, 03:40 PM   #44
dzrtracin
ride'n 2 live

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerat View Post
Check,SE I'm assuming
Yeapers & the Princess, the FI makes all the difference on the way up to the research station

RIDE ON!
Old 07-12-2014, 10:10 PM   #45
jlemond
King of No0bs

Oddometer: 162
Sooo trying to come to this. I would have to bring the wife and baby though and they require just as much attention as the 690 is crying for.