Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2014, 12:59 PM   #11
Buuurrrt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
This is great.

I love this site and how it motivates good folks to get out there and live their dream.

I was on the ride to Mongolia with JoeMotocross and I just wanted to offer my support. Mongolia was one of the coolest trips I have done. I can't wait to go back to that part of the world.

A couple of things.

The old Shineray Mustang. She is a good girl with not a lot of travel in the suspension. There is a max speed you can go on these roads and you will know when you have found it. Plan on not making a lot of miles each day until you get a feel for the bike and the roads. These roads can make a Hard man crumble.
This road may not look rough. But it ripped the rear axle off the a truck just like this one.
Mongolia 2012 - 1042

That the opportunity to connect with the locals.

Not many speak english, but they are always fun to talk to.
Mongolia 2012 - 0393
Head inside for some tea.
Mongolia 2012 - 0771
Mongolia 2012 - 1185

Just one word of caution about dogs in Mongolia. As you enter some town or pass a camp, dogs may run out to greet you. Not all of these dogs are friendly. They can bite so I highly suggest riding boots or thick pants to protect from the knee down. Michelle did get a nasty bite near the end of our trip. It didn't break the skin but left a nasty bruise. There is rabies in Mongolia.

Another word of caution. After this trip you will never be the same. Adventure will now be fixed to your DNA coursing through your veins. You will look at the world through different eyes.

Good Luck Live2ridetahoe. We are behind you.