ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-01-2014, 05:43 AM   #31
boinoodle
Old and Cautious

Oddometer: 1,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guaro View Post
Oh man looks fun, I'm thinking of going up there from NYC . What kind of bikes do you guys ride ?
Tiger 800CX,

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife. Doomed is your soul and damned is your life
Lord John Whorfin
boinoodle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:58 AM   #32
Guaro
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by boinoodle View Post
Tiger 800CX,
Nice that will be my next motorcycle, Once I'm done with the DR650.
How are the roads out there ?
Guaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:15 AM   #33
boinoodle
Old and Cautious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guaro View Post
Nice that will be my next motorcycle, Once I'm done with the DR650.
How are the roads out there ?
As of last ride they were clear and a little muddy. Or Fun as all get out.

More activity in the forums linked in post #29
Follow those you'll get more up to date ride info. Not sure exactly when my next ride will be. Depends on how quick I recover from meniscus surgery

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife. Doomed is your soul and damned is your life
Lord John Whorfin
Old 04-01-2014, 12:36 PM   #34
Guaro
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by boinoodle View Post
As of last ride they were clear and a little muddy. Or Fun as all get out.

More activity in the forums linked in post #29
Follow those you'll get more up to date ride info. Not sure exactly when my next ride will be. Depends on how quick I recover from meniscus surgery
Thanks I'll be sure to check that other thread out
Guaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:22 PM   #35
kr1
SAR-EMT-40

Oddometer: 27
Just sent you a request. I'm in the Northeast part of the state.

Thanks,
KR
kr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 12:05 PM   #36
toates89
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 212
Hey I m looking for a gpx file that provides a route from the Albany Ny area to Bridgeport CT. Any chance someone could email me one?
toates89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 12:42 PM   #37
btao OP
Pwned

Oddometer: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by toates89 View Post
Hey I m looking for a gpx file that provides a route from the Albany Ny area to Bridgeport CT. Any chance someone could email me one?
I don't have one together yet that direction. I'll take a look and see what I have to help ya. Maybe some of the Hudson guys can help get you to CT?
btao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 01:32 PM   #38
toates89
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by btao View Post
I don't have one together yet that direction. I'll take a look and see what I have to help ya. Maybe some of the Hudson guys can help get you to CT?
Thanks,

I am driving to the Catskills(her dads) from buffalo with my gf and then my plan was to unload the bike and ride the rondacks but today i decided instead I am going to ride to LI to visit friends I havent seen in a while so i havent had much time to put together a plan of attack.
Old 06-18-2014, 01:59 PM   #39
btao OP
Pwned

How scenic and dirty do you want?
Old 06-18-2014, 02:12 PM   #40
toates89
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by btao View Post
How scenic and dirty do you want?
I'm on a Dr350se with knobbies so dirty and fun would be nice. Scenic is always a bonus. I dont need to go to bridgeport, I can also go through nyc to get to LI.

Thanks
tom
Old 07-13-2014, 06:27 AM   #41
TwistiRider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Awesome ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndytheElder View Post
Took advantage of the great weather today and tried my hand at stringing together as much gravel road as I could to get across the state from south to north. I came up with a 100 mile ride that starts near Southford Falls in Oxford and ends at RT 183 where it crosses the south end of the TMT. If anyone is interested, I'll post my tracks of the ride once I have a chance to clean them up.

Awesome ride. We did this yesterday , and it was one of the best rides i have ever had. Nice dirt roads, climbs , a little mud by the river and nice twisties on the pavement . Thanks . If you have any more please share.
Attached Images

TwistiRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:41 AM   #42
btao OP
Pwned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistiRider View Post
Awesome ride. We did this yesterday , and it was one of the best rides i have ever had. Nice dirt roads, climbs , a little mud by the river and nice twisties on the pavement . Thanks . If you have any more please share.
I agree... did it a few weeks ago as well. Great Ride!

That's what we need more of!!

Here's a link to the latest loop I put together:

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/ed...M.kg75r49YVBMk

I've never shared anything yet with the Maps Engine Pro, so let me know what you see when you open it. It should be all my marked locations, and then a few sets of directions that make a loop starting at People's Forest, and is around 2.5 hours.

Haven't ridden any of it yet, minus half a dozen roads, so if you make it out there before me, let me know how it is and if it needs any tweaks...

I'm going to post up a route sheet shortly...
Old 07-15-2014, 06:47 AM   #43
boinoodle
Old and Cautious

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistiRider View Post
Met these guys up in Kent, nice to have folks making the haul to our neck of the woods, next time give a heads up, we'll help you but those beast through the paces

Lord John Whorfin
Old 07-15-2014, 09:07 AM   #44
btao OP
Pwned

Here's the route sheet for the loop:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwD...it?usp=sharing
Old 07-16-2014, 07:01 AM   #45
btao OP
Pwned

So, I'm making some progress on route planning on the desktop and Navigation on Android.

What I did was create the directions list in Google My Maps in 4 parts because Google limits the number of stops, and then exported it to KML via folder button top left, then opened it in Google Earth, then exported it to GPX, then opened it in Garmin Basecamp, then dragged each direction list into the previous one to merge the lists, then repeat until you have the whole track complete, rename. Then select that track, then export selection to GPX. Email it to yourself or save to Drive, then save to phone. With OSMand+ installed, move to sdcard0\osmand\mytracks folder. Open OSMand+ in Map view. In settings, turn on in Global and Car modes, Logging Services, Map Layers and turn signals. Click Map Layers icon now in the top right bar and select GPX track. Find the GPX track in the list and load it. Then hit the Menu button in the bottom left and select Directions. Click Yes to "Do you want to use displayed track for Nav." Then, you can click the Car icon in the bottom right and select "Pass along entire track." Which allows you to Navigate a loop, otherwise you start your bike, then turn it off since you have arrived.

Give it a try with your own, or the link I just posted and let me know if you have a better way, or if it works for you. I think it produced the best track with just the right amount of via points. I opened mine on my Moto X (the phone )