User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2014, 07:08 AM   #1
ApexJeff OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 152
Question Moto Storage in Boliva?

looking to store 2 moto's in Boliva Sept 2014 to Jan 2015. How long will they issue a TVIP and a good place, probably in La Paz?
ApexJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 02:04 PM   #2
TeeVee
His mudda was a mudda!

Oddometer: 740
beware of bolivia and some bolivians. you will get fucked the first chance they can.

if people disagree that's fine.
TeeVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 03:35 PM   #3
Misery Goat
Positating the negative

Oddometer: 74,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeVee View Post
beware of bolivia and some bolivians. you will get fucked the first chance they can.

if people disagree that's fine.
What's to disagree with? Your statement applies to every single country on the planet.

Same as it ever was

My Wanderlust
Misery Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 07:29 AM   #4
TeeVee
His mudda was a mudda!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misery Goat View Post
What's to disagree with? Your statement applies to every single country on the planet.
perhaps, but not to the same extent.

besides, bolivia only gives a 30 day tvip. so, you're sol
Old 07-18-2014, 11:16 AM   #5
swamp
U lie&yo'breff stank

Oddometer: 1,792
i thought it was a 6 month tvip?

off the grid and deep in the woods
swamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:57 PM   #6
Misery Goat
Positating the negative

Oddometer: 74,704
It's at least 90 days but I think it is 6 months, at least it was when I went through in 2010 and 2011. Not sure if it's changed since then.

Same as it ever was

My Wanderlust
Misery Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 07:25 PM   #7
TeeVee
His mudda was a mudda!

Y'all need to talk to twomotokiwis. They had to renew after 30
Old 07-19-2014, 02:20 PM   #8
charapa
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 397
I store motos here in Huanuco, Peru (I have 10 of my own). At the moment I have a Brit Tenere 660 and a Dutch Transalp joining mine peacefully downstairs.

I help you with the paperwork (right here in Hunauco) to suspend your 90 day TVIP for up to a year. I prep it for storage. It stays safely in the covered garage with a dust cover on it. We charge the battery regularly and have it running for you just before you arrive...

Two dozen traveling ADVRiders can vouch for me including HORCA and TwoMotoKiwis...

All for only $1/day. Beat that with a stick!

No, it's not really a business. It allows my wife Sara and I to be here in Peru to work with handicapped Quechuas...

"Those friends thou hast... and their adoption tried... grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel. But do not dull thy palm with entertainment of each new-hatch'd, unfledg'd comrade...." Polonius in Hamlet

charapa screwed with this post 07-24-2014 at 12:24 PM
charapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 07:20 AM   #9
ApexJeff OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Lima to Cusco,Puno and Boliva?

Thanks, we already have expired permits, storing moto,s at Endurance Motors, in Lima. We are going to pick up motos in Sept, ride a couple weeks to Cusco and Puno and look for storage, either in Peru or Boliva. We plan on continuing our ride in Jan 15 and go as far as we feel, store again maybe in Santiago. If you know how to extend expired permits let me know.
Old 07-20-2014, 06:43 PM   #10
charapa
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexJeff View Post
Thanks, we already have expired permits, storing moto,s at Endurance Motors, in Lima. We are going to pick up motos in Sept, ride a couple weeks to Cusco and Puno and look for storage, either in Peru or Boliva. We plan on continuing our ride in Jan 15 and go as far as we feel, store again maybe in Santiago. If you know how to extend expired permits let me know.
You can't renew in Peru. If you didn't process a Suspension of your permit, you are out of luck. Happened to two friends here with KLRs. Asked for suspension AFTER time had expired. Government said 'No' and confiscated the motorcycles. They are now for sale by the government.

"Those friends thou hast... and their adoption tried... grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel. But do not dull thy palm with entertainment of each new-hatch'd, unfledg'd comrade...." Polonius in Hamlet

charapa screwed with this post 07-20-2014 at 07:32 PM
Old 07-23-2014, 03:33 PM   #11
tumbler45
tumbler

Oddometer: 100
I can offer a little personal experience on this matter. I left our two motos (F650GS and KTM 990ADV) in La Paz at Andar motos, a BMW dealer. By the looks of a first rate shop, new BMW motos and cars for sale. They were quite helpful, offered to contact Aduana to extend our TVIP to allow the motos to stay in storage for 12 months. They said they had done this before and it was no problem.

10 months later we found out they never filed any paperwork. Our bikes are now unable to legally leave the country.

I am curious if they are still even at the dealership. I am working with Andar Motors to try and get our gear shipped back but they have become non-responsive. If anyone is traveling through La Paz and could stop in to see if they are even still there I would be very curious to know.

Best of luck to all!
tumbler45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 03:37 PM   #12
charapa
Gnarly Adventurer

With the KLRs, I was talking about Peru where there is NO extension, only a suspension (if you request it DURING you TVIP time, then leave the country). When you come back you get your remaining days.

Old 07-23-2014, 06:42 PM   #13
TeeVee
His mudda was a mudda!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tumbler45 View Post
I can offer a little personal experience on this matter. I left our two motos (F650GS and KTM 990ADV) in La Paz at Andar motos, a BMW dealer. By the looks of a first rate shop, new BMW motos and cars for sale. They were quite helpful, offered to contact Aduana to extend our TVIP to allow the motos to stay in storage for 12 months. They said they had done this before and it was no problem.

10 months later we found out they never filed any paperwork. Our bikes are now unable to legally leave the country.

I am curious if they are still even at the dealership. I am working with Andar Motors to try and get our gear shipped back but they have become non-responsive. If anyone is traveling through La Paz and could stop in to see if they are even still there I would be very curious to know.

Best of luck to all!
sounds typical bol-shit-vian. sorry you lost your bikes.

though i doubt it will do shit, if it were me, id be sending some nasty-grams to BMW.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:20 AM   #14
ApexJeff OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Peru expired TVIP

We are just going to ride Peru until we get stopped. We have letters from mechanic and doctors stating we had to leave Peru because of an accident. I have read all kinds of reports of paying fines, paying the declared value, to paying a bribe, to getting our motos confiscated. Guess we will find out. I contacted Motorcycle Tours of Boliva, they offered storage at $100 per month, no negotiations, no help with Boliva permits, and very little response. If we make it to BMW shop, I will stop in, maybe with Guido?
Old 09-20-2014, 04:36 PM   #15
ApexJeff OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Expired Peru TVIP

Charapa, is absolutely right!!! Peru will not extend or renew expired permits. We left Lima for Cusco with fantastic rides. We figured we would try and get legit with Sunat in Cusco, so we took a friend who spoke Spanish, hired a taxi and went to aduana. We had medical , mechanical and storage records, which they did not even look at. He explained that they were now the property of Peru. Told us to contact the police and have them confiscated. We made an executive decision to run to the border, figuring if they did confiscate them we would be closer to La Paz, strip as much as we could, set them on fire, and take a bus. We wanted to continue our ride along Lago Titicaca and picked the smaller crossing at Yunguyo. Pulled up and cleared migrations and was told to go across street into aduana. Walked in with smiles and sat down, going over our Sunat they knew we were 6 months over. Told we had to return to Puno and turn in our motos and would not let us cross. Light anyone? We knew we would be ok, when They started talking money, so he would go back and forth in the office,each time seeing how much we would pay. $200 each, US dollars, No soles, deal done. We followed a guy behind migration, up the pedestrian dirt pass and into Bolivia. We wanted to try and get 180 days in Boliva, so we can fly back and forth and ride, no problem but $60 dollars. $135 for Americans entering, expensive day, but well worth it.