ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-22-2014, 02:11 PM   #46
TwistiRider
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by boinoodle View Post
Met these guys up in Kent, nice to have folks making the haul to our neck of the woods, next time give a heads up, we'll help you but those beast through the paces

Hey man, Next time we go up your way we will def let you know. You must show us city slickers some new roads up in dirt road paradise. We are going down to NJ pines this Sunday . If any one wants to join let us know.
TwistiRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 02:17 PM   #47
TwistiRider
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by btao View Post
So, I'm making some progress on route planning on the desktop and Navigation on Android.

What I did was create the directions list in Google My Maps in 4 parts because Google limits the number of stops, and then exported it to KML via folder button top left, then opened it in Google Earth, then exported it to GPX, then opened it in Garmin Basecamp, then dragged each direction list into the previous one to merge the lists, then repeat until you have the whole track complete, rename. Then select that track, then export selection to GPX. Email it to yourself or save to Drive, then save to phone. With OSMand+ installed, move to sdcard0\osmand\mytracks folder. Open OSMand+ in Map view. In settings, turn on in Global and Car modes, Logging Services, Map Layers and turn signals. Click Map Layers icon now in the top right bar and select GPX track. Find the GPX track in the list and load it. Then hit the Menu button in the bottom left and select Directions. Click Yes to "Do you want to use displayed track for Nav." Then, you can click the Car icon in the bottom right and select "Pass along entire track." Which allows you to Navigate a loop, otherwise you start your bike, then turn it off since you have arrived.

Give it a try with your own, or the link I just posted and let me know if you have a better way, or if it works for you. I think it produced the best track with just the right amount of via points. I opened mine on my Moto X (the phone )

I think I lost you half way the first sentence. Will try this route and maybe my bike will get dirty this time.I dont like coming home with a clean bike.
TwistiRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:19 PM   #48
oldstove
100k KLR650

Oddometer: 16
I don't frequent ADV often enough I guess. Just saw this and realize you're covering my backyard. I'm up in the NW corner in East Canaan. Commute to BDL daily on my KLR and ride the area here, across into eastern NY and also southern Mass below Otis with my buddy from work on his DRZ looking for as much dirt as possible.

Love riding the dirt roads/trails and would like to join up with you's sometime. I'm not very GPS savy but I do enjoy following the smallest squiggley lines on the screen.
oldstove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 10:49 AM   #49
btao OP
Pwned

Oddometer: 954
Cool guys. Soon we'll have to do a group ride, it's just been a busy summer for me. Building a shed to put the bikes and have a workshop is my current project. There's so much good stuff to explore and so little time...
btao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 11:38 AM   #50
Undercover Poe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Just rode part of this route today. Was fun, thanks!
Undercover Poe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 01:27 PM   #51
btao OP
Pwned

Oddometer: 954
Cool. We've been chipping off pieces of the new one. My favorite is reverse starting in Litchfield.
btao is offline   Reply With Quote