Oddometer: 173
Hooksett is all done, 1 showing only.
shakeybone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 09:21 AM   #17
flyrod
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 177
1 Showing

Thank you Shakeybone, sorry I missed it.

Flyrod
flyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 09:01 PM   #18
AlsoRan
Lone Trail Of Dust

Oddometer: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by markk53 View Post
Made me remember my buddy Ozzie out in the woods on his steel tank 125 Penton...

Bow-ba-bow-bow-bow-ba-bow-- bring-ging-ging-ging-ging-- brrrrinngg-ging-ging-ging -- brip - brip - brip...

Any takers on what that was?
Gets it started - running rich (lot's of blue smoke), starts to clean out -- then it cleans out, then quits. Repeat process...
Old 07-26-2014, 03:33 AM   #19
fast1075
Fasterizer

Oddometer: 143
I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Penton at an event at Daytona for the Motorcycle Museum. I had gone to see the unveiling of the EBR 1190rs, and hear the keynote speaker, Erik Buell speak about motorcycling, and the progress and vision of his new company.

Mr. Penton was one of many notable figures in attendance. He was warm and outgoing, and still passionate about motorcycles.
Old 07-26-2014, 07:06 AM   #20
markk53
jack of all trades...

Oddometer: 7,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlsoRan View Post
Gets it started - running rich (lot's of blue smoke), starts to clean out -- then it cleans out, then quits. Repeat process...

Yeah! Ozzie was forever loading that damn thing up... fire it up and hold it wide open till it cleans out. Heaven forbid he get it jetted right, but we were kids 18-19 year old idiots.

One time when I lost the masterlink on my chain out in the boonies, apparently put it on backward, Ozzie pulled me out. He had his arm in one sleeve of his coat (the ubiquitous olive drab Army field jacket) and I held the other. At first he had his right arm in... throttle control issues, switched to left and towed me home.

Mark - klx678
95 KLX650C w/Vulcan piston bigbore, Now an 09 KLX250S, selling my 90 Zephyr 550
markk53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 10:13 AM   #21
AlsoRan
Lone Trail Of Dust

Oddometer: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by markk53 View Post
Yeah! Ozzie was forever loading that damn thing up... fire it up and hold it wide open till it cleans out. Heaven forbid he get it jetted right, but we were kids 18-19 year old idiots.

One time when I lost the masterlink on my chain out in the boonies, apparently put it on backward, Ozzie pulled me out. He had his arm in one sleeve of his coat (the ubiquitous olive drab Army field jacket) and I held the other. At first he had his right arm in... throttle control issues, switched to left and towed me home.
Those were the days! The old two stroke would clearly speak it's own language, one we used to sometimes curse back then but now look back on as some of the fondest memories of riding a motorcycle. Memories that kid's these days likely will never get to experience. Wouldn't give back those fun times growing up with that evolving technology.
Old 07-26-2014, 02:42 PM   #22
markk53
jack of all trades...

Oddometer: 7,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlsoRan View Post
Those were the days! The old two stroke would clearly speak it's own language, one we used to sometimes curse back then but now look back on as some of the fondest memories of riding a motorcycle. Memories that kid's these days likely will never get to experience. Wouldn't give back those fun times growing up with that evolving technology.

Yeah, like reading about forward mounting your shocks on the swing arm, then actually doing it. Fork kit valve installation articles. All kinds of how-to articles that wouldn't make it past the legal department now.

Mark - klx678
95 KLX650C w/Vulcan piston bigbore, Now an 09 KLX250S, selling my 90 Zephyr 550
markk53 is offline   Reply With Quote