Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2014, 11:06 PM   #61
Test_rider
(Ultra)Sound Advisor

Oddometer: 224
Hello all. I've been in the Lake Charles, La area for 12 years now. I ride a Buell Ulysses, a '94 YZ250, that I might sell ,as I just bought a 2009
KTM 530 EXC. I've been riding motorcyles for 40+ years, originally dirt bikes, which is my first love, but have been pretty much street bikes since moving to Lake Charles. But now I intend to get back into dirt bikes. Have made a couple of trips to Forest Hills in the last year.
I've got two riding buddies that I go riding on the road with but need some dirt riding buddies.

Test_rider screwed with this post 07-14-2014 at 09:36 AM
Test_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 08:18 AM   #62
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 31,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Test_rider View Post
I've got two riging buddies that I go riding on the road with but need some dirt riding buddies.
dump your buddies and move to NWA...(did I just say that? )
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:43 AM   #63
Test_rider
(Ultra)Sound Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
dump your buddies and move to NWA...(did I just say that? )
Haha, DrLewall. I bet you've got some beautiful off-road and on-road riding up where you live. I go to Ft. Smith every now and then on business and it is beautiful woods and hilly.
Old 07-17-2014, 01:26 PM   #64
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 31,366
Quote:
Haha, DrLewall. I bet you've got some beautiful off-road and on-road riding up where you live. I go to Ft. Smith every now and then on business and it is beautiful woods and hilly.
we can get you so far back in the woods, that they will hafta pump daylight to ya..both on and off road!
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 06:48 AM   #65
Scribe
£Bob£

Oddometer: 6,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
we can get you so far back in the woods, that they will hafta pump daylight to ya..both on and off road!
It's a trap.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:49 PM   #66
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 14,656
+1
TRZ Charlie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 11:12 AM   #67
sdksami
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
Hello from Waldon

Hi my name is Scoty, I have been hanging out on 4 wheels for 5 years decided to get back on 2 wheels about a month ago. I'm riding an 08 key 650 black and Grey in color. Hope to see some of yall on the roads or dirt roads.
sdksami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:48 PM   #68
smurfturd
n00b

Oddometer: 2
New to Adv riding

Howdy. I'm new to adventure riding but I've ridden dirt bikes and street bikes for awhile. I am currently planning a trip to Alaska from Houston. I am planning on leaving this coming May, I'm super excited.

I'm planning on buying a KLR this weekend or next, and I will be using everyone's expertise to get ready for this trip. Super excited that there are so many resources, I had no idea. Any input is much appreciated.
smurfturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:28 AM   #69
Obi-Wan
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Hi ya'll. Just moved down to North Houston (The Woodlands) from God's Country (west coast of WI). Ride a KLE 650 and look forward to exploring East TX.

Ride safe,
Erich
Obi-Wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:53 AM   #70
GRNDLB
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfturd View Post
Howdy. I'm new to adventure riding but I've ridden dirt bikes and street bikes for awhile. I am currently planning a trip to Alaska from Houston. I am planning on leaving this coming May, I'm super excited.

I'm planning on buying a KLR this weekend or next, and I will be using everyone's expertise to get ready for this trip. Super excited that there are so many resources, I had no idea. Any input is much appreciated.
Wait one more year and I'll go with you! :)
Old 08-29-2014, 04:43 AM   #71
Navaho
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,034
Quote:
Hello all. I've been in the Lake Charles, La area for 12 years now. I ride a Buell Ulysses, a '94 YZ250, that I might sell ,as I just bought a 2009
KTM 530 EXC. I've been riding motorcyles for 40+ years, originally dirt bikes, which is my first love, but have been pretty much street bikes since moving to Lake Charles. But now I intend to get back into dirt bikes. Have made a couple of trips to Forest Hills in the last year.
I've got two riding buddies that I go riding on the road with but need some dirt riding buddies.
I ride offroad in Kisatchie (Fort Polk, Forest Hill, Gorum (aka Red Dirt) with several guys from all over the state. Riders from Baton Rouge, Lafayette, Lake Charles, and Alexandria. We ride single track a lot but mix it up with quad trail too. PM me when the weather get cooler. There will be someone in our group riding almost every weekend between Oct. and May. Not much riding going on now except street.
Old 09-05-2014, 06:22 PM   #72
Test_rider
(Ultra)Sound Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navaho View Post
I ride offroad in Kisatchie (Fort Polk, Forest Hill, Gorum (aka Red Dirt) with several guys from all over the state. Riders from Baton Rouge, Lafayette, Lake Charles, and Alexandria. We ride single track a lot but mix it up with quad trail too. PM me when the weather get cooler. There will be someone in our group riding almost every weekend between Oct. and May. Not much riding going on now except street.
Sounds good, Navaho. I will definitely be in touch.