Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2014, 02:25 AM   #2341
catweasel67
Banned

Oddometer: 8,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
+1, please stop thread shitting constantly.
Hmmm....hard to do as I'm not. You claim I am. Not the same thing.

Oh, and for what it's worth, an inmate posted her account, I challenged, and then the best part of the next 2 or 3 pages have been other inmates waffling on about how I was being rude, or trolling, or thread shitting. In the meantime the OP and I have moved to bigger and better things.

So how about you stop with the spam/self-righteous indignation/forum policing, take a leaf out of our book and move on.
catweasel67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 04:11 AM   #2342
UnsureFooting
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by catweasel67 View Post

Oh, and for what it's worth, an inmate posted her account, I challenged, and then the best part of the next 2 or 3 pages have been other inmates waffling on about how I was being rude, or trolling, or thread shitting. In the meantime the OP and I have moved to bigger and better things.

So how about you stop with the spam/self-righteous indignation/forum policing, take a leaf out of our book and move on.
UnsureFooting is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 04:52 AM   #2343
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 27,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by SxyRdr View Post
My Friday afternoon commute to my BRC was fairly uneventful... except for meeting Gummee! when I popped into his work on my way out.
Sorry I didn't have more time. Work gets in the way yannow...

M
Old 07-28-2014, 06:04 AM   #2344
Navy Chief
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,525
Quote:

The problem is you challenged a first person account of what actually happened with pure opinion stated as fact. Maybe the number of people who have challenged you should tell you something, unless you believe that everybody is wrong and you are the only one who could possibly be right.
Navy Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 06:27 AM   #2345
atomicalex
silly aluminum boxes

Oddometer: 2,056
Meh, catweasel is apparently Austrian. They are better Germans than the Germans are. So naturally, s/he must be past perfection and on to some sort of superperfect state.

Probably commutes by tram, too.
Old 07-28-2014, 06:31 AM   #2346
catweasel67
Banned

Oddometer: 8,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicalex View Post
Meh, catweasel is apparently Austrian. They are better Germans than the Germans are. So naturally, s/he must be past perfection and on to some sort of superperfect state.

Probably commutes by tram, too.
100% correct on nothing at all ;p

I'm English not Austrian, a bloke not a bird and I'd typically fly not take the tram (although public transport here is second to none).
catweasel67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:45 AM   #2347
SxyRdr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee! View Post
Sorry I didn't have more time. Work gets in the way yannow...

M
No worries... it was a spontaneous pop-in. I was gonna see if you wanted to grab that coffee sometime this week but I completely forgot the big wigs are in town so we all have to play nice and be present all day since they're walking around talking to all of us.

To keep with this thread...

Friday afternoon after leaving Gummee! to his work, I was heading on down Reston Parkway in a tad bit of traffic. There were some kids riding bicycles and skateboards down the sidewalk. They nearly had a collision with each other trying to check out the motorcycle going on past.

On Sat I rode the FZ-09 to BRC. Then ran errands afterwards with hubby on his Bolt. We had stopped at a local watering hole. A guy walks in, sees our gear (hubby's high-viz jacket and full face helmet; my blue/black textile with high-viz vest and full face helmet) and looks us both over. Says to me "Guess you're the one on the crotch rocket." Um... the FZ-09 is a crotch rocket???? And why did he assume it was me???

I hit my 600 miles on the FZ-09 Sat afternoon so I was planning on riding the CBR to BRC on Sun. I woke up to pouring rain. Figured I'd cage it in instead. But hubby said "Ya know... it'd prove a point to these new riders if you showed up on a bike in the rain...." So yeah, rode the CBR. Turns out the SUV I was behind on the main road was my co-RiderCoach. When we got to class, he said "I saw a bike coming up behind me and said 'ya know... there's only one person that could be riding in this downpour...'"

This weekend's BRC was a rough one and I'm drained mentally and physically... had to pick up a couple of dropped bikes this weekend and one was a dual sport... which sucks because the bike is bigger than me. Anyhow, I opted to cage it this morning so I could have my coffee and I'm glad I did. I66 east bound had some kind of a massive accident and 4 lanes had to merge to 1. It was only a 3 mile back up when I entered it, but it took 40 mins to get past it. My clutch hand would've been worn out by the time I got through all of that.
SxyRdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:52 AM   #2348
GI_JO_NATHAN
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by SxyRdr View Post
I hit my 600 miles on the FZ-09 Sat afternoon so I was planning on riding the CBR to BRC on Sun. I woke up to pouring rain. Figured I'd cage it in instead. But hubby said "Ya know... it'd prove a point to these new riders if you showed up on a bike in the rain...." So yeah, rode the CBR. Turns out the SUV I was behind on the main road was my co-RiderCoach. When we got to class, he said "I saw a bike coming up behind me and said 'ya know... there's only one person that could be riding in this downpour...'"
That's awesome! lol
Someone quote me so he can see my response
Quote:
Originally Posted by POLLOCK28 (XDTALK.com)
From what I understand from frequenting various forums you are handling this critisim completely wrong. You are supposed to get bent out of shape and start turning towards personal attacks. Get with the program!
GI_JO_NATHAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:59 AM   #2349
Offcamber
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,635
Not really a commuting story but when I got to work today there was a small camper and Subaru Outback parked in the motorcycle parking area....blocked the entrance to it. Looked like it was all setup ...I wondered if someone was sleeping in it....Had to drive over the sidewalk to park.

Must have had permission from security.....Just can't figure out why they would let someone one park that there.....

The area is small as it is...and its nice day....gonna be some ticked off riders....
Old 07-29-2014, 07:59 AM   #2350
DAKEZ OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,540
Thus the term "Thread shitting"

Quote:
Oh, and for what it's worth, an inmate posted her account, I challenged, and then the best part of the next 2 or 3 pages have been other inmates waffling on about how I was being rude, or trolling, or thread shitting. .
So why can't you catch a clue and STFU?
Old 07-29-2014, 08:12 AM   #2351
pinocono
Husky Dü

Oddometer: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ View Post
So why can't you catch a clue and STFU?
Quit quoting that fuckhead. I put him on my ignore list for a reason!
pinocono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:05 AM   #2352
Benduro
None more black.

Oddometer: 1,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinocono View Post
Quit quoting that fuckhead. I put him on my ignore list for a reason!
Me too. And it's been a nice little vacation.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:27 AM   #2353
Human Ills
Useful Idiom

Oddometer: 22,619
Should I get the FZ-09 or the SuperDuke 1290 or a used 950 SM?
Human Ills is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:41 AM   #2354
SxyRdr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Ills View Post
Should I get the FZ-09 or the SuperDuke 1290 or a used 950 SM?
Um.... Yes?
SxyRdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:42 AM   #2355
Human Ills
Useful Idiom

Oddometer: 22,619
That's what I was afraid of
Human Ills is online now   Reply With Quote