Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2014, 07:25 AM   #16
LuciferMutt
Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer: 11,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by stupermotard View Post
I have a question. Is this your first time on the internet, or are you just a troll?

Maybe we should have an idiot commenter thread

We have a full forum for that; it's called Jo Momma!

Badasses might screw with another badass. Nobody screws with a nut job. -- Plaka
LuciferMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 08:00 AM   #17
DaLunk
Confused and Bemused

Oddometer: 669
This is just what happens out there. It isn't right, but a lot of things aren't. Personally I find that I just have to let it go and put my head back into the ride so the next idiot doesn't take me out while I'm fuming or flipping someone off for cutting me off. Distraction is as big a danger as the idiots are.
Old 08-09-2014, 08:05 AM   #18
390beretta OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaLunk View Post
This is just what happens out there. It isn't right, but a lot of things aren't. Personally I find that I just have to let it go and put my head back into the ride so the next idiot doesn't take me out while I'm fuming or flipping someone off for cutting me off. Distraction is as big a danger as the idiots are.
Another piece of good advice.
Old 08-09-2014, 09:24 AM   #19
El Pescador
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by 390beretta View Post
We have a couple very popular long term threads: The one started by Dakez about commuting, another one about "Stupid things people say to you when stopped". I think we need one about Idiot Cagers! And I'll be happy to start it.

I'm on my way to the cigar shop this morning riding my old beemer. I'm in the middle lane, another lane to my left both going straight. There is a third lane to my right, but it ends shortly after clearing the intersection, however quite a few people use it because they intend to enter one of the small businesses that exist just after the intersection, including a Shell service station. So, as I'm waiting for the light, I notice an older Ford Windstar pull up next to me on the right and figure they're probably going to stop for gas. Light changes, we all proceed forward, except the Windstar keeps going straight, then, with no turn signal, simply swerves to the left, cutting me off. I had to brake pretty hard to avoid being hit....I raise my left hand in the air in the WTF? gesture, but get no response. I check my mirrors and see a Phx. patrol car two cars back and think "You guys had to see the whole thing...go get that Windstar"......They didn't make a move.

As luck would have it, the Windstar gets caught at the next intersection by another light and since I'm turning left I pulled up right next to the driver whose window is down. What I see is a fat hispanic woman, talking on a cell phone, and at least four kids in the backseat doing their best to create as much havoc as possible. I say "What the hell, you didn't see me back there?" What I get is this stupid, wide eyed look, like 'why is this guy upset and where did he come from'? I continue to suggest that "she might want to turn off her damn cell phone and pay more attention to her driving before she kills someone"......I don't even know if she understood me.

Meanwhile on the Winstar forum...

I was headed to he hospital this morning to see my sister who collapsed yesterday morning. It turns out her kidneys have failed and it looks pretty bad for her long term. I had picked up her kids, and along with my kids, and they were making a lot of racket. You know how cousins are when they get together. Anyways, I'm on the phone with our mom, trying to discuss how to handle the situation when my lane suddenly ends. I'm not familiar with the area and to be honest, I'm a little distracted. This motorcyclist comes up beside me and starts to berate me because I cut him off. I didn't know how to react, I just sat there stunned. If only his pipes were louder I would have known he was there (that was my add).

How about a little grace for people? You have no idea what is going on in their life. It's much more liberating to assume the best about people than being angry all the time. Not everybody is out to get you. Ride safely and cautiously.
Old 08-09-2014, 09:37 AM   #20
390beretta OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pescador View Post
Meanwhile on the Winstar forum...

I was headed to he hospital this morning to see my sister who collapsed yesterday morning. It turns out her kidneys have failed and it looks pretty bad for her long term. I had picked up her kids, and along with my kids, and they were making a lot of racket. You know how cousins are when they get together. Anyways, I'm on the phone with our mom, trying to discuss how to handle the situation when my lane suddenly ends. I'm not familiar with the area and to be honest, I'm a little distracted. This motorcyclist comes up beside me and starts to berate me because I cut him off. I didn't know how to react, I just sat there stunned. If only his pipes were louder I would have known he was there (that was my add).

How about a little grace for people? You have no idea what is going on in their life. It's much more liberating to assume the best about people than being angry all the time. Not everybody is out to get you. Ride safely and cautiously.
Wow, you should think about becoming a professional author. But just FYI, I'm a very happy guy most of the time....sometimes I do become a little less happy right after someone nearly injures me because they're not paying attention to their driving. Oh, another thing, the lady in question was laughing her ass off while on the phone when I confronted her.....sure didn't appear to be distraught about her sister who suffers from kidney failure.
Old 08-09-2014, 09:42 AM   #21
El Pescador
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by 390beretta View Post
Wow, you should think about becoming a professional author. But just FYI, I'm a very happy guy most of the time....sometimes I do become a little less happy right after someone nearly injures me because they're not paying attention to their driving. Oh, another thing, the lady in question was laughing her ass off while on the phone when I confronted her.....sure didn't appear to be distraught about her sister who suffers from kidney failure.
I have a day job, but thanks for the complement. Maybe she was laughing at you?
Old 08-09-2014, 09:57 AM   #22
390beretta OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I have a day job, but thanks for the complement. Maybe she was laughing at you?
Or you? You're certainly a lot funnier.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:57 AM   #23
LittleRedToyota
Yinzer

Oddometer: 2,232
Quote:
i'm very sorry to hear about your sister.

but, you put other people's sister's lives at risk by driving while distracted. pull over to make that phone call. and whatever racket the kids are making is not as important as not causing an accident.

nothing going on in your life justifies putting other people's lives at risk.