ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2014, 05:45 PM   #16
jjustj
cum petris et choris

Oddometer: 5,349
pm sent..

for info been here( summit county) 35 years think i may have an Idea what its like.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348508
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=489958 Sunday worship, a strap-on, and Does this water taste funny?
jjustj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 07:16 PM   #17
TinkerinWstuff
Take it apart

Oddometer: 1,286
Friend of mine started teaching bratty kids at ski school and is now a big shot on the restaurant management side of the resort and works year round.
TinkerinWstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 09:47 PM   #18
Dysco
caddis muncher

Oddometer: 15,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
I finish my undergrad at CSU on friday and am looking at relocating into the mountains. I would really like to move anywhere from Silverthorne to Glenwood Springs, or down south to Durango. I have a lot of diverse experience as I served as a heavy gunner in the Air Force and have been doing overseas police contracting on and off since 2007. In-between contracts I spent 2 years contracting for Comcast as a sales technician while I was attending RRCC full-time. I've spent the last year finishing up at CSU with an BS in Psychology, but mainly focused on organizational psychology (pscyh of the workplace). I'm looking for a new career, but I have nothing specific set in mind. I have no issues with starting at an entry level position as long as there are opportunities for advancement. I might also add that the position must provide enough compensation to live comfortably.

If you know of any open positions please get a hold of me and I'll send my cover letter and resume.

Thanks
Salida is hiring a cop, new or used.
Dysco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 09:54 PM   #19
Dysco
caddis muncher

Oddometer: 15,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
I HATE traffic and people who are incapable of driving. I enjoy being able to get on my mtn bike and riding it from my place to trails. I also enjoy doing the same on my motorcycle without having to spend an hour getting to trails.

How much money does it take to live up in that area comfortably? I plan on having a small apartment for the initial move. I would prefer a garage. Are groceries, gas, and other living expenses more expensive up there?

I'd be grateful for any help you can provide!
If you hate traffic, terrible drivers, and crowds, don't move to the mountains full stop. Especially on the I-70 corridor. Tourist season can be a bitch when you just want to chill out at your favorite hangout. Also, garages are a premium item. When we moved to Salida we thought we were pretty lucky renting a place with 350 square feet for $650 a month with off street parking for the bikes.

Look at median income vs median home price. Typically in the tourist zones the income is well under and the property well above state medians. It's definitely not easy to make it without a decent plan unless you're a spectacular bartender or waiter... at multiple restaurants.
Dysco is offline   Reply With Quote