User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 08:00 PM   #121
flei
queasy rider

Oddometer: 692
So much hostility from so many over something of so little importance.... PEACE, MAN!

Steven Wright
Old 08-14-2014, 08:05 PM   #122
maddognsc OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garp View Post
Your actions speak far louder than your words.
Yes they do... let the community go back and look at what I put up with before I even took any action. Let the community go back and look at what steps I took to try to remediate this before making it public. Let the community go back and look at the first responses that you made to the posts where you started out with your personal and vitriolic attacks on me. And then you finish it up by attacking my honesty. You are a POS.
Old 08-14-2014, 08:22 PM   #123
maddognsc OP
Adventurer

OMG... I just violated one of the rules that I try to live by. It's from the immortal wisdom of the late and great George Carlin... "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience".

I'm sure that Garp will pummel me with his experience.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:05 PM   #124
cba191
wanna buy a monkey?

Oddometer: 676
Can we either get this thread locked or sent to the basement?
Twisted Throttle took care of the issue. I think they did a great job. This thread has probably cost them business that they didn't deserve to lose. I've dealt with them and they've always been solid.

If the OP isn't happy at this point, he never will be. So just let it die already.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:07 AM   #125
XtreemLEE
Member #476

Oddometer: 2,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by cba191 View Post
Twisted Throttle took care of the issue. I think they did a great job. This thread has probably cost them business that they didn't deserve to lose. I've dealt with them and they've always been solid.

If the OP isn't happy at this point, he never will be. So just let it die already.
Why are you so concerned? Its TT's business and they are here. Who says they lost business "they didn't deserve to lose"? You are making that decision alone. Let the market decide. Every business should be reviewed by us critically. Maybe they will become BETTER!!! If you have had a different experience or a different opinion state it, no need to shill for the business.
"And the freedom of speech we try to defend goes to the core of one of my very deepest beliefs: the best information is uncovered with open, spirited debate. Better to grow thicker skin than to risk repressing information--just ask John Adams and Thomas Jefferson." Chris Macaskill
Old 08-15-2014, 06:34 AM   #126
Tsotsie
Semi-reformed Tsotsi

Oddometer: 1,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by cba191 View Post

....If the OP isn't happy at this point, he never will be. So just let it die already.
+1, again.
Old 08-15-2014, 08:31 AM   #127
Doug Just Doug
Silly Party Candidate

Oddometer: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddognsc View Post
In defective product Liability claims a Distributor is responsible for ensuring the quality and reliability of a product, and is responsible for correcting know defects or discontinuing carrying the product. In legalese it's known as the "Doctrine of Strict Liability".
That's not precisely correct, nor has strict liability been adopted by all states.

My stupid little website:Tilted Horizons
Old 08-15-2014, 08:41 AM   #128
maddognsc OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Just Doug View Post
That's not precisely correct, nor has strict liability been adopted by all states.
Thanks for the update Doug and I'm interested in your input. To make it pertinent to this discussion would you please make sure that you address the role of the manufacturers distributor in an area where the manufacturer is unreachable. I understand the limited liability of a reseller. Your input is appreciated.
Old 08-15-2014, 08:45 AM   #129
brianpc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtreemLEE View Post
Why are you so concerned? Its TT's business and they are here. Who says they lost business "they didn't deserve to lose"? You are making that decision alone. Let the market decide. Every business should be reviewed by us critically. Maybe they will become BETTER!!! If you have had a different experience or a different opinion state it, no need to shill for the business.
He's probably concerned because there's a metric shit-ton of a-hole vendors out there, and TT is usually one of the better and more reputable ones, and everything else in this thread is pissing. Maybe you're one of those candy asses who expects everybody to call him "sir" and you get off on faux respect for your customer service experience to be "satisfactory", but for the rest of us, blathering on about reputable vendors because of one mistake discredits the review process overall, and further muddles the information on this forum when someone raises some complaints about a vendor who *genuinely* sucks ass or has shady customer service practices.

Signal to noise ratio, go look it up.
Old 08-15-2014, 08:50 AM   #130
Boondoggle
Gear Grinder

Oddometer: 14,417
This should be in Jo momma. It's the only place where the OP can get the help he needs.
I've been poking a giant bouncy ball with a needle. You feel anything yet? -Blake716
Old 08-15-2014, 08:51 AM   #131
HH
Hurricane Harry

Oddometer: 1,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondoggle View Post
This should be in Jo momma. It's the only place where the OP can get the help he needs.

JM
Old 08-15-2014, 08:52 AM   #132
XtreemLEE
Member #476

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianpc View Post
Maybe you're one of those candy asses who expects everybody to call him "sir" and you get off on faux respect for your customer service experience to be "satisfactory", but for the rest of us, blathering on about reputable vendors because of one mistake discredits the review process overall, and further muddles the information on this forum when someone raises some complaints about a vendor who *genuinely* sucks ass or has shady customer service practices.
Since we are projecting and making stupid assumptions in an effort to belittle the other, maybe you're a huge pussy who doesn't have the balls to stand up to a vendor???

Must be a BMW/KTM owner who used to getting screwed...
"And the freedom of speech we try to defend goes to the core of one of my very deepest beliefs: the best information is uncovered with open, spirited debate. Better to grow thicker skin than to risk repressing information--just ask John Adams and Thomas Jefferson." Chris Macaskill
Old 08-15-2014, 09:10 AM   #133
brianpc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtreemLEE View Post
Since we are projecting and making stupid assumptions in an effort to belittle the other, maybe you're a huge pussy who doesn't have the balls to stand up to a vendor???

Must be a BMW/KTM owner who used to getting screwed...
Got you where it hurt, did I? Sorry ma'am.

There's a world of difference between standing up and voicing a real complaint about a vendor with shady business practices and customer service, and just being pedantic on the internet. The OP voiced his concern and got resolution, this thread can go away now, because now it's just little dogs barking about their consumer rights. Go take a nap.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:16 AM   #134
XtreemLEE
Member #476

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianpc View Post
Got you where it hurt, did I? Sorry ma'am.
You must be very proud of yourself, now you can step outside your home, puff out your chest with the confidence that you insulted somebody on the internet and you are officially now an "internet tough guy", congradulations!!! Note* Once you grow up you won't need to do that so often, good luck...

XtreemLEE screwed with this post 08-15-2014 at 09:24 AM
Old 08-15-2014, 09:18 AM   #135
gdenn
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
tt did me wrong

I have a v strom that I bought used. It came equipped with I guess every option TT sells for this bike, Including the same tank bag. Yes my nylon release broke also. I simply rethreaded it and tied a large knot on both ends and continued to use it . Really wasn't a big deal to me. I. in business for myself, and many, many times I do things for customers that I don't have to do. I just look at that as good advertising dollars. And I think tt was penny wise and dollar foolish. But what really concerns me is TT refusal to post a negative review on their product. What purpose does only great reviews do for the consumer? nothing for the consumer but good the the seller. If I read reviews and all the reviews are great, I assume no one ever has a problem with the product. That is a major red flag for me TT should post the reviews as they come in or totally do away with the reviews.
Closed Thread