Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2014, 07:26 AM   #16
smokkelaar
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananaman View Post
I have some experience with shipping between the US and Latin America. I will help anybody who needs it, for free. Wherever you are, and whatever you have, I'll help you figure out how to get it to where it has to go, at the best rates available given your goals.

There is an extensive amount of shared experience here on advrider, and there's a ton of information on how to ship bikes quickly and efficiently. You just have to know where to look. Shipping can be the most difficult part of a normal experience, but it doesn't have to be. You just need to understand the process.

I am not a vendor and I'm not interested in being part of anything of value changing hands. I'm offering this for free.

Send me a PM and we'll get started. Or, we can communicate in a shipping thread of your own. I prefer to communicate in public, so that others can benefit from everyone's experience. If you need to operate in secret, then I can't help you.

I'm pretty sure I can save anyone money.
What do you know about shipment, boat, airplane from Europe (the Netherlands) to South America (Argentina)?
smokkelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 02:36 AM   #17
TUCKERS
the famous james

Oddometer: 11,428
ushuaia

Found a contact in Ushuaia who arranges containers>

Osvaldo Lavado
548 Fuegia Basket, Ushuaia.

osvaldoelavado@speedy.com.ar

he has done Africa, USA east and west, Italy...whatever

You can go right to his house and meet his family....solid gold.............

Just 50 blocks from Centro off Maipu at first roundabout, turn right on Basket and go over yellow bridge, yellow house on left 540/548

TUCKERS screwed with this post 01-26-2014 at 06:57 AM
TUCKERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 02:37 AM   #18
TUCKERS
the famous james

Oddometer: 11,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokkelaar View Post
What do you know about shipment, boat, airplane from Europe (the Netherlands) to South America (Argentina)?
Villakunterbunt in Valparaiso

TUCKERS screwed with this post 01-26-2014 at 06:58 AM
TUCKERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 10:49 AM   #19
MplsMoto
Wheels

Oddometer: 129
Looking for suggestions on getting a crate made and packed in Panama City or Colon.

I am shipping from Panama to US, and advice or links to threads appreciated.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:48 AM   #20
FAB-BIKER
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Shipping from Rio or SaoPaolo to Bogota

Anyone has information about possibilities to ship my bike in this route?

Thanks,
Fab
FAB-BIKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 06:13 AM   #21
swamp
U lie&yo'breff stank

Oddometer: 1,791
?

Gaston
I sent you an email concerning this . I believe there may be something wrong with your email server .
Quote:
Originally Posted by GastonUSAChile View Post
We are 2 riders shipping our our own bikes to Chile from the U.S. The bikes to be shipped in December and arriving at Valparaiso the first week of January. The ride will last for about 40 days or less depending on the needs. Among our bikes we are taking

From January 7th to February 20th, 2014
**(2) 2008 Full equipped young KLR 650s available to any rider join us.
**Take your own motorcycle on our shipment to Valparaiso and ride with us.
**Go on your own and shipping your bike on sharing basis

The plan is leaving the bikes in Punta Arenas, Patagonia and possible coming back to Santiago through Buenos Aires .
We have a planned route, a nice one, trying to cross a lot of national parks both Chile and Argentina, mostly on ripio (gravel) roads, avoiding most of the populated cities, except those must do.

What you have to do?. Just fly to Chile beginning January, meet us in Valparaiso for the paperwork , then we are on our way.

We are going 4-5 people max, for not complicating things. Overall is a team ride to have fun.

Let us know and we'll give you more details at samericaxplorer@gmal.com

off the grid and deep in the woods
swamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:57 PM   #22
MJS
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp View Post
Gaston
I sent you an email concerning this . I believe there may be something wrong with your email server .
I noted that gmail is spelled incorrectly in his email address.
Old 08-16-2014, 09:21 AM   #23
bykergrrl
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Looking for Info on Shipping/Air or Sea from Panama back to LA

We have been planning a round trip on our bikes from LA to Panama in Nov 2104 thru January 2015. Now it looks like we may not have all that time available to us. So, riding down and shipping back looks like a good alternative.

Any advice, suggestions etc. would be gratefully received.

Dyna Superglide
XT225
bykergrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 10:04 PM   #24
nikoktm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 264
Finally Colombia- Panama Ferry!

Colombia y Panamá estarán conectados desde octubre a través de un ferryEfe | Panamá | Publicado el 22 de agosto de 2014

Colombia y Panamá estarán conectados a partir de octubre próximo a través de un ferry, que cubrirá la ruta marítima entre Cartagena y Colón, informó este viernes el gerente general de la empresa turística Colón 2000, Augusto Terracina.

"Queremos conectar las Américas y aumentar el intercambio comercial entre los dos continentes a través de esta ruta, que actualmente solo se realiza con transporte de cruceros y de carga", señaló Terracina a Efe.

Precisó que el ferry que iniciará servicios comerciales el 24 de octubre, tiene capacidad para 1.500 personas, 500 automóviles y 100 contenedores de 40 pies, además de instalaciones especiales para las mascotas.

Terracina explicó que el trayecto entre las dos ciudades caribeñas se registrará entre lunes y jueves, ya que de viernes a domingo se realizará un crucero desde Colón (Panamá) hacia la provincia de Bocas del Toro.

El proyecto permitirá no solo viajes de turismo sino también efectuar compras de grandes dimensiones, que podrán ser transportadas en los contenedores del ferry.

El costo de la travesía en cubierta, que dura aproximadamente 18 horas, será 99 dólares por trayecto, y se ofrecerá cabinas para una, dos, tres y cuatro personas con precios que inician en 140 dólares, en tanto que el crucero tiene un costo de 277 dólares.

Sostuvo que la empresa se ha reunido con las autoridades panameñas y próximamente lo harán con las colombianas, con la intención de cumplir con los procedimientos migratorios, aduaneros, antinarcóticos, policiales y de cuarentena.

Según un boletín de prensa de la empresa, se calcula que el ferry podría traer a Colón un aproximado de 100.000 turistas suramericanos anualmente y unas 40.000 personas a Bocas del Toro por año.

Las primeras travesías por ferry entre los puertos de Colón y Cartagena para promover el comercio y el turismo en ambos países se registraron entre los años de 1994 y 1997, pero no tuvieron el éxito deseado por diversos factores.
nikoktm is offline   Reply With Quote