ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2014, 01:24 PM   #16
wbbnm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,886
Here are tracks from a couple of trips. Nice that the powers that be let us upload files here now. Didn't used to be possible

The red and blue tracks are actual. Typically the cyan ones are the planned ride that we didn't do for some reason usually cryptically described in a waypoint.
Attached Files
File Type: gpx CentralNM_AZ.gpx (506.4 KB, 32 views)
wbbnm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 01:37 PM   #17
cyberdos
True Story Meng

Oddometer: 24,341
Cool. That worked. Thanks.

I was able to follow on GM until here.

The rest is not on GM so I can't make a route from it.

It would add a whole lot to his already 300 mile day though. I've ridden some of those trails around Alpine and it's very pretty up there.

Thanks again for the file.
Old 08-17-2014, 07:42 AM   #18
wbbnm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,886
We try to include some pretty primitive roads in our trips, maybe 10-20% to make it more interesting and still be able to get from town to town in a day.

I use Garmin Basecamp/Mapsource and City Navigator and Topo 100k mapsets for trip planning. I try to verify roads on Google Earth.

I know they had a huge fire in that area a few months after we did our last trip thru there. I think it was southwest of where we went thru but don't know.
wbbnm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 01:34 PM   #19
cyberdos
True Story Meng

Oddometer: 24,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbbnm View Post
We try to include some pretty primitive roads in our trips, maybe 10-20% to make it more interesting and still be able to get from town to town in a day.

I use Garmin Basecamp/Mapsource and City Navigator and Topo 100k mapsets for trip planning. I try to verify roads on Google Earth.

I know they had a huge fire in that area a few months after we did our last trip thru there. I think it was southwest of where we went thru but don't know.
Yep. I do the same thing. If GoogleMaps does not have the road and I see that there is one on Earth, I trace the road using GPSvisualizer's Sandbox feature to create the track.

There have been a few recent fires in that area so who knows if those roads are even open.