ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Oz and Kiwi Land
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-19-2014, 04:51 PM   #16
KLRogers
Diddley Squat 401

Oddometer: 7
So where is your base of operations then?
I managed to find 75% of your Beaudesert/Boonah loop thanks to the road references you put on your video so, with a few additions of my own, I'm going to give it a go on Sunday. I'll troll through your other vids to do the same over the next few weeks. In fact we have a trial next weekend out Maroon Dam way which is one area I'm super keen to explore.
Ian
Old 08-20-2014, 01:39 AM   #17
B1 OP
Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer: 3,191
base of operations? a dark dank dungeon in a secret brisbane-based location. can you do mid-week rides? always keen to jump on the DR650 during the week but keep the weekends reserved for trials and cross training on the dirt bike as a rule.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:34 PM   #18
KLRogers
Diddley Squat 401

No, I'm afraid I'm chained to a desk 5 days a week. Gives you a great appreciation of two days off and now I've got the KLR I make full use of them both. My trials club holds an event every three to four weeks which definitely has the priority over everything else. You sound like you indulge in a bit of feet up. Do you have a bike, are you in a club or do you just make it up as you go along?
Thanks to one of your videos and me finding some of the roads you highlighted I have a big loop out to Rosevale and back through Boonah/Rathdowney planned for Sunday, weather permitting. I'll let you know what I thought but looks good on paper!
Old 08-21-2014, 10:41 PM   #19
B1 OP
Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer: 3,191
that's a nice loop, you can't avoid some bitumen but lots of great little dirt roads through there.

i got into trials about a year ago with western districts, i've done a fair bit of filming of the upper grade guys in the club and done some training vids here. the poor old DR has been neglected of late due to the seatless bike....
Old 08-24-2014, 04:49 PM   #20
KLRogers
Diddley Squat 401

Pissed

I hear you and yes a bit too much black top, especially between Yamanto and Aratula. Good ride just the same. Love the back roads behind Boonah though!
Yes, I spoke to the guy you bought your Beta 4T off yesterday who helped me put 1 and 1 together on who you were. You may want to think twice about continuing to communicate with me anymore as I'm the devil incarnate who runs that unaffiliated heathen club that your two WDTC Commanders in Chiefs have a perplexing abject hatred of.
That aside and regardless, congrats to you for doing what you have been to raise our under promoted sports profile of late. There is no disputing that it takes fresh blood with new ideas to push some of the old establishment guards thinking to another level. I should know! This is certainly a topic worthy of further discussion but not for this forum.
I finally and belatedly visited the TAT site on Friday and it was like finding the holy grail of adventure riding. It will definitely be my number one reference site from here on in.
All the best and if you can ever get a leave pass from the powers that be why not give SQTA a go one weekend, you may be pleasantly surprised. We're out at Maroon Dam this weekend if interested.