ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2014, 11:35 AM   #16
kkm
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
Part of the solution! Really. How has it worked out so far in Calif. Unless you change the entire political make up in your state it will get nothing but worse. You are out voted big time by the lib turds and freaks. I wish I had a simple answer for you. Yes, we all must try to do what we can.
Kevin
2006 KTM 525EXC
2004 KTM 525EXC
kkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 12:16 PM   #17
HardWorkingDog
Harvey Mushman

Oddometer: 1,702
So, kkm, did you donate to FriendsofTahoeLawsuit@gmail.com?

Next Trip: Divide & Conquer...

"it's a dog's life.............and I love it"
HardWorkingDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 01:08 PM   #18
OffRoadRider15f OP
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardWorkingDog View Post
(donation already sent).

Is part of the lawsuit now about the egregious fees charged, or is the decision by Judge Mendez final?
No, we are appealing the judges decision on the original case to the 9th circuit. If the 9th circuit overturns Judge Mendez ruling then we will ask for reimbursement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf View Post
wondering out loud how the lawsuit churning sierra club or biological diversity crew have ever been ordered to be held liable for their (frivolous) thousands and thousands of suits ?
PLF attorney's, with 35 years of experience, have not heard of this occurring in the West. It has occurred a few times in eastern district courts. This is intimidation to stop future cases. We are not a large, well funded, Pro OHV organization. None of us are paid land use folks. We came together when it became clear that the paid OHV advocates/orgs. had no plans to engage.

"Take what they give us" Don Amador. "We can't win in the 9th circuit" Don Amador. True statements, however when are we going to learn how to win if we never engage?

NEPA requires participation at every step in the process to create "standing". Without standing one can not litigate. AMA and BRC did NOT create standing. Sierra Access Coalition and CORVA did create standing and will be represented by PLF on another Travel Management case on the Plumas NF.

Our groups participation in the process did lead to some routes being legally designated. We forced the Tahoe NF to draft a Supplemental Draft Environmental statement (SDEIS) to correct the errors in the original DEIS. Delayed the process.

We also called out the errors in the MVUM when it was originally made public. Our pressure forced the MVUM to be pulled. Which meant that the decision was unenforceable. Nearly two year delay in enforcement.

The corrected Tahoe NF MVUM is out now and is enforceable.

The USFS did violate the NEPA process and we called out those errors. We are moving forward with our appeal in the 9th circuit. Pacific Legal Foundation has taken on the Sierra Access Coalition case on the Plumas NF.

PLF should be supported for its work to preserve public access. PLF took our case and the SAC/Plumas NF case pro-bono.

Thanks for your support!
OffRoadRider15f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 05:12 PM   #19
tomfoolery
procrastinator

Oddometer: 120
Paypal sent.
tomfoolery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:26 PM   #20
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkm View Post
Do you know the saying ( Pissing into the wind ) The freaks in Calif will have there way. That state is so F___ked up. The lib turds and freaks have taken over. I hope they stay the hell out of Nevada
Kevin
hi kevin, thousands share your belief and i would not argue with you.

all i am asking is respect this thread, this is all about Tahoe NF and the people fighting to get the trails reopened.

keep your political views elsewhere. if you don't want to help, please leave us alone. there are plenty of other folks who care and want to help in this cause.
NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 07:30 PM   #21
slowerthanu
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkm View Post
Part of the solution! Really. How has it worked out so far in Calif. Unless you change the entire political make up in your state it will get nothing but worse. You are out voted big time by the lib turds and freaks. I wish I had a simple answer for you. Yes, we all must try to do what we can.
Kevin
prepare yourself,i'm sure you've seen changes coming your way, have you heard of the endangered greater sage grouse bird? your state has 17 million acres that the feds are looking to protect. So really this is not just a state issue,it is really the feds who have the power to grab land.
These issues will not go away either,the feds will continue to be pressed to pass monument designations and so forth,ill quit babbling I don't want to depress you.Gary Lambert in your state is hard at work fighting land closure.
Old 08-22-2014, 07:30 PM   #22
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffRoadRider15f View Post
NEPA requires participation at every step in the process to create "standing". Without standing one can not litigate. AMA and BRC did NOT create standing. Sierra Access Coalition and CORVA did create standing and will be represented by PLF on another Travel Management case on the Plumas NF.

Thanks for your support!
thanks bebe for posting more info.

on the earliest post, i didn't see CORVA and somewhat i felt that you were left to yourselves.

as a loyal supporter of corva and life-time member, i contacted amy granat (managing director) this morning and ask for corva's position in this issue.

good to hear that corva is actively fighting 3 major closures, this one, occotillo wells and the Plumas NF.

http://www.amlands.org/media//DIR_13...19ffffe905.pdf

good to have PACIFIC LEGAL FOUNDATION helping you and corva. PLF has helped other good causes too. this organization is all about justice, not making money!

bebe, let's just hope more people pitch in.

NSFW screwed with this post 08-22-2014 at 07:37 PM
NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 07:33 PM   #23
slowerthanu
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 239
Thank's for posting this! i'm sending money via paypal.
Is dave w the op?
adam
Old 08-22-2014, 09:29 PM   #24
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer: 3,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowerthanu View Post
Gary Lambert in your state is hard at work fighting land closure.
Gary is a great guy. Last year he took time out of his land fights to haul me out of the desert and get me to the hospital and this year he helped me fight my neighbors HOA over noise/land use issues (yeah, I lost).

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 08:05 PM   #25
catfish
Squidicus Adventurous

Oddometer: 590
Quote:
Phone: 530-888-8302
E-Mail: FriendsofTahoeLawsuit@gmail.com

USDA TAHOE NATIONAL FOREST SENDS OHV GROUPS A MESSAGE
A PayPal Account has been set up for electronic donations which can be gifted to FriendsOfTahoeLawsuit@gmail.com, while checks can
be made Payable to Grass Valley 4-Wheelers Inc. and sent to P.O. Box 824 Grass Valley, CA 95945. If our forest users can donate the
amount of what it would cost for 1 tank of fuel or a weekend in the forest, we could easily reach our goal of $15,000.00. The government
is charging interest on this bill, and it will accrue until paid.
For more information on this release or to schedule and interview with Jacquelyne “Bebe” Theisen, please call 530-888-8302 or e-mail at
FriendsOfTahoeLawsuit@gmail.com.

Thank you,

Jacquelyne "Bebe" Theisen

Thanks for forwarding this to us Dave. I just sent my donation via paypal. While I have your attention,
which local trail support groups did you recommend we contact for Tahoe NF trail maint. days?

Quote:
Is dave w the op?
adam

Dave who?

Catfish ...
catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 11:14 PM   #26
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,399
Quote:
No, we are appealing the judges decision on the original case to the 9th circuit. If the 9th circuit overturns Judge Mendez ruling then we will ask for reimbursement.

PLF attorney's, with 35 years of experience, have not heard of this occurring in the West. It has occurred a few times in eastern district courts. This is intimidation to stop future cases. We are not a large, well funded, Pro OHV organization. None of us are paid land use folks. We came together when it became clear that the paid OHV advocates/orgs. had no plans to engage.

"Take what they give us" Don Amador. "We can't win in the 9th circuit" Don Amador. True statements, however when are we going to learn how to win if we never engage?

Our groups participation in the process did lead to some routes being legally designated. We forced the Tahoe NF to draft a Supplemental Draft Environmental statement (SDEIS) to correct the errors in the original DEIS. Delayed the process.

We also called out the errors in the MVUM when it was originally made public. Our pressure forced the MVUM to be pulled. Which meant that the decision was unenforceable. Nearly two year delay in enforcement.

The corrected Tahoe NF MVUM is out now and is enforceable.

The USFS did violate the NEPA process and we called out those errors. We are moving forward with our appeal in the 9th circuit. Pacific Legal Foundation has taken on the Sierra Access Coalition case on the Plumas NF.

PLF should be supported for its work to preserve public access. PLF took our case and the SAC/Plumas NF case pro-bono.

Thanks for your support!

Thank you for your hard work I work with the stewards of the sierra and they are just about to go thru the second round of DEIS's. Maybe you can help down here too !
Thanks for the 2015 support: BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, SEATCONCEPTS.COM , Galfer USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , Motolab , Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:13 AM   #27
OffRoadRider15f OP
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Quote:
Is dave w the op?
adam
Yes
OffRoadRider15f is offline   Reply With Quote