User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2014, 09:48 AM   #91
mennleo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 127
or you could use this!

Entebbe, Uganda, $9800 OBO PM if interested Ready for another trip to South Africa!!

mennleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 03:15 AM   #92
nathancollett
n00b

Oddometer: 1
interested in 950

hi I'm in Nairobi, I'm interested in the 950, can you get in touch? Email Nathan(at)hotsunfilms.com cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mennleo View Post
2008 KTM 950 super enduro Uganda Registered 200km/hr dirt bike!! $8000 OBO
nathancollett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 12:38 PM   #93
RedBallRun
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
ADV Yamaha WR250R for sale in Nanyuki

Hi,
I have 2008 Yamaha WR250R (this isn't the endure F bike but a completely different beast with efi and highest standard kit) for sale in Nanyuki. 4.75 US gallon clear tank, 30mm bar risers, front sprocket guard/case saver, Force radiator guard, rear tail tidy, rear rack. I've ridden to Turkana and back, all over Laikipia and into the Rift Valley. the bike's equally as home on the highway or in the luggas, murram and stones. Fully Kenya duty paid and registered. Under 9,000km. Breaks my heart to sell it but the other half insists its time sort the house out. With a steel rear frame and rear pegs it's built to carry weight. I've not been riding it two up but it carries a Giant Loop and camping gear like it wasn't there.
pm me if you're seriously interested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovBI6KvbaO4
- my bike and I are jumping off the bank at 0.35
Cheers
John
RedBallRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 01:10 AM   #94
zulusafari OP
E African ADVRDR

Oddometer: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBallRun View Post
Hi,
I have 2008 Yamaha WR250R (this isn't the endure F bike but a completely different beast with efi and highest standard kit) for sale in Nanyuki. 4.75 US gallon clear tank, 30mm bar risers, front sprocket guard/case saver, Force radiator guard, rear tail tidy, rear rack. I've ridden to Turkana and back, all over Laikipia and into the Rift Valley. the bike's equally as home on the highway or in the luggas, murram and stones. Fully Kenya duty paid and registered. Under 9,000km. Breaks my heart to sell it but the other half insists its time sort the house out. With a steel rear frame and rear pegs it's built to carry weight. I've not been riding it two up but it carries a Giant Loop and camping gear like it wasn't there.
pm me if you're seriously interested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovBI6KvbaO4
- my bike and I are jumping off the bank at 0.35
Cheers
John
Where is that river bed exactly? How long is it? Is the bike located in Nairobi?
Old 06-05-2014, 05:05 AM   #95
RedBallRun
Adventurer

Hi there,

the lugga is up north of the Mukogodo Forest in Laikipia - about 30km long and lovely rollercoaster descent off the plateau to get to it. pops out at Kipsing. On a seperate trip in February we continued down the lugga to the Ewaso Ngiro just upsteam from samburu and forded the river there. Slightly buttock clenching as 3 bikes got stuck in knee deep water but luckily no crocs around!

The bike's in Timau just beyond Nanyuki. In fact I've gor three of them for sale as wife twisting my arm to sort out a new kitchen and put my dreams on the back burner

j
Old 06-12-2014, 07:28 AM   #96
RodRoo
n00b

Oddometer: 3
any fishing on those runs

Hey RedBallRun,

Are any of the trails that you have routed on/near trout streams? Would it be possible to do a fishing/riding type trip up there?

RodRoo
RodRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:42 AM   #97
RedBallRun
Adventurer

Any trout in them would be long dead, desicated and blown away on a desert breeze! There's good perch in Lake Turkana though!
I did ride round the Aberdares and the mountain but most trout have been hoovered from the shambas but you can ride up to Rutundu and fish Lake alice

J
Old 06-23-2014, 01:12 PM   #98
RodRoo
n00b

I have fished Rutundu, Alice, Ellis, Michealson and several of the streams in the park on Mt. Kenya. I have also covered just about every stream in the Aberdares. I was just wondering if any of your riding on the slopes of Mt. Kenya took you close enough to the park boundry that there were still fish in the streams but accessible by motorcycle. I love Mt. Kenya fishing but you are not supposed to be in National Parks with motorcycles. I would love to find some streams that can be reached by motorcycle.

Having been up to Korr and Marsabit via South Horr, I agree no trout up there!
Old 06-25-2014, 10:17 PM   #99
ndorobo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodRoo View Post
I have fished Rutundu, Alice, Ellis, Michealson and several of the streams in the park on Mt. Kenya. I have also covered just about every stream in the Aberdares. I was just wondering if any of your riding on the slopes of Mt. Kenya took you close enough to the park boundry that there were still fish in the streams but accessible by motorcycle. I love Mt. Kenya fishing but you are not supposed to be in National Parks with motorcycles. I would love to find some streams that can be reached by motorcycle.

Having been up to Korr and Marsabit via South Horr, I agree no trout up there!
KWS does allow motorcycles on mt kenya!

ndorobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 11:37 AM   #100
RodRoo
n00b

Mt. Kenya

Ahh, Lake Ellis! I am hoping to get up there in August. Did they hassle you at all at the gate or just let you through as a matter of course?

How long ago did you ride up there? What was the road from Chogoria up to the gate like?
Old 06-30-2014, 02:27 AM   #101
ndorobo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodRoo View Post
Ahh, Lake Ellis! I am hoping to get up there in August. Did they hassle you at all at the gate or just let you through as a matter of course?

How long ago did you ride up there? What was the road from Chogoria up to the gate like?
No hassle at all - bikes are allowed on the mountain I think they cost 150 shillings a day.
You need make sure it hasn't rained for at least 3 days otherwise it is a brutal ride.the road is newly graded for the first 15 ks of forest then the last bit through the bamboo is deeply rutted.
Tight lines!! Ps tropic air put the fish in the lake with help from a few others just under 2 years ago - they were 1 inch fingerlings now all knocking on three pounds
ndorobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 03:38 AM   #102
RedBallRun
Adventurer

Minimum age

Hi guys,
Can anyone give me a pointer? What is the minimum age to ride a motorcycle on the road in Kenya? The Traffic Act seems to say 16. Is that for any capacity? All the best
John
Old 08-04-2014, 01:59 AM   #103
zulusafari OP
E African ADVRDR

Oddometer: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBallRun View Post
Hi guys,
Can anyone give me a pointer? What is the minimum age to ride a motorcycle on the road in Kenya? The Traffic Act seems to say 16. Is that for any capacity? All the best
John
Are you a member of African Motorcyle Diaries Facebook page? It is mainly Kenyan riders.

A Kenyan friend just confirmed it is 18, same as cars.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:39 AM   #104
RedBallRun
Adventurer

Carnets and kenyan bikes

Thanks I'll try and track down that facebook page.

next questuion.....................

With a Kenya registered motorbike, where can you travel without having to buy a carnet? ethiopia? TZ? Uganda? Burundi? Rwanda? Mocambique? Malawi? Further south?

Thanks

john
Old 08-27-2014, 09:52 PM   #105
mennleo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 127
carnet

i think you can go anywhere but Egypt without Carnet. we just did 9 countries with Uganda registered. no problem and much cheaper!!

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...4#post24926564
mennleo is offline   Reply With Quote