Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2014, 01:49 AM   #106
zulusafari OP
E African ADVRDR

Oddometer: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by mennleo View Post
i think you can go anywhere but Egypt without Carnet. we just did 9 countries with Uganda registered. no problem and much cheaper!!

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...4#post24926564
I have no personal experience, but from my research and conversations, I understand the same. Egypt is pretty much the only one who requires it on the continent. At least on the North/South route that people use to traverse the whole continent.
Old 12-29-2014, 06:48 AM   #107
RedBallRun
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Information needed!

Happy Christmas to one and all!

Hoping to pump you all for information. Four of us are planning a week long trip from Nanyuki westwards and probably southwards in mid-March (but staying in kenya unless we fancy a wee raft at Jinja). We've explored Laikipia and up to Turkana in the past. Light bikes and competent riders so capable of some serious offroading but carrying essentials ourselves in soft luggage. Overnighting will be at Carnellie's type haunts or local "hotelis". Two of the guys haven't done the animal bit.

So what I am looking for is insiders tips on places and routes to visit west of Nairobi towards Uganda and maybe south towards the Mara. Things along the line of Mt Suswa and the lava tubes there or hidden waterfalls, great luggas, nadgery paths up escarpments etc etc. Coordinates so I can plan on Google earth would make things even better!

Thanks and have a great New year.

All the best

John
RedBallRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 02:46 AM   #108
RedBallRun
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
It's all gone deathly quiet here!

I was planning to ride the Leakey track up the Nguruman Escarpment. It looks like that will not be possible as they feel bikes tear up the trail. Does anyone know of another track up the escarpment to get me from Nguruman/Entasopia into the Loita Hills?

J
RedBallRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 01:42 PM   #109
RodRoo
n00b

Oddometer: 6
I was planning a similar trip and for other reasons could not use the Leaky track. I scoured the entire region from Magadi to near Suswa and there was no way through. It was only once you got close to the back side of Suswa that there were some tracks that ran parallel to the highway as far as Narok. But at Narok you had to come back to highway to get around the river there.
RodRoo is offline   Reply With Quote