Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2014, 05:15 AM   #616
ag_streak
Tiene Ruta Cuarenta?

Oddometer: 3,178
Sorry, the track photographer wasn't there that day. This is all I got...

Eurocycles did a fantastic job! Dave was a Superman! he set up camp, cooked lunch, wrenched bikes, taught class, and rode!

There were only about 15 of us, so we had the track to ourselves and had unlimited track time. No sessions. Just ride or not at your own schedule. Seldom were there more than a couple bikes on the track at the same time.

Many thanks to Ron Croft for taking me under his wing to show the newbie the ways of the track! Huge help!

One guy went down on his Duc after coming out of a turn with two much throttle and he high-sided. I did not catch his name. I'm sure the Eurocycles facebook site has more info. I haven't had a chance to get out there and comment, as I just started a new job...

Improve your cosmic karma here!
ag_streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 05:36 AM   #617
PineyMountainRacing
Oops....

Oddometer: 2,184
15 is awesome, I've rented JGP twice in the past and limited it to 30 riders, which still gives you basically unlimited seat time, and lower cost obviously. But 15 gives newer riders more access to the however many instructors you have.

Did you do 1 day or 2? Camp or Days Inn it?
PineyMountainRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 02:11 PM   #618
quattroman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
Hey Guys.

What boots do you wear, or what do you recommend, for our area?

I commute on the bike everyday; I don't have a car, my wife does.

I need something comfy, protective, waterproof, and cool when I get stuck on I-75.

Today I stopped by the Cycle Gear by Fletcher and Florida Ave. I actually picket up their Sedici Lorenzos (Italian inspired house brand). Took them for ONE (1) ride and had to returned them because it rained through the boot.

$250 is my ceiling and there are several good options at Revzilla, but I want to know what do you guys use for the Tampa weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat
...it's not how long you last that counts, but how much 'living' you manage to cram into life before the inevitable.
quattroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 02:30 PM   #619
pauleknight
Need Cool Name Here

Oddometer: 332
I use the BMW all round boot. been water proof and comfy for years for cool / cold weather.

For summer I use my BMW air flow boots. But of course they get soaked in the rain but dry relativity fast.

I think the problem is that in FL the rains can hit without notice and then you are stuck with wet clothes or feet..
Old 08-15-2014, 05:04 AM   #620
mandatedmotorvation
Shunpiker

Oddometer: 128
this is another tough question as opinions vary greatly. my threshold for discomfort changes dramatically when i'm on the bike because i understand my gear (all of it all the time) serves a purpose. if i required atmospheric heaven i would have gotten into bimmers. :-)

i go with gortex and would recommend the same. yes, it gets hot in this florida heat but i can't say i've ever attributed a distaste for being on the bike because my feet were warm. also, because of the rains the gortex will absolutely keep you dry (in theory, of course); which for me still ranks as my #1 peccadillo.

the bmw all around boot is an excellent recommendation and right in your price range.

good question, hope the nonsense helps.
mandatedmotorvation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 06:28 AM   #621
pauleknight
Need Cool Name Here

Oddometer: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by quattroman View Post
Hey Guys.

I need something comfy, protective, waterproof, and cool when I get stuck on I-75.

Today I stopped by the Cycle Gear by Fletcher and Florida Ave. I actually picket up their Sedici Lorenzos (Italian inspired house brand). Took them for ONE (1) ride and had to returned them because it rained through the boot.

$250 is my ceiling and there are several good options at Revzilla, but I want to know what do you guys use for the Tampa weather.
quattroman, what size are you?
Old 08-15-2014, 06:45 AM   #622
quattroman
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauleknight View Post
quattroman, what size are you?
10.5 on most running shoe brands.

Quote:
...it's not how long you last that counts, but how much 'living' you manage to cram into life before the inevitable.
Old 08-15-2014, 06:52 AM   #623
quattroman
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandatedmotorvation View Post
this is another tough question as opinions vary greatly. my threshold for discomfort changes dramatically when i'm on the bike because i understand my gear (all of it all the time) serves a purpose. if i required atmospheric heaven i would have gotten into bimmers. :-)

i go with gortex and would recommend the same. yes, it gets hot in this florida heat but i can't say i've ever attributed a distaste for being on the bike because my feet were warm. also, because of the rains the gortex will absolutely keep you dry (in theory, of course); which for me still ranks as my #1 peccadillo.

the bmw all around boot is an excellent recommendation and right in your price range.

good question, hope the nonsense helps.
I know the opinions will vary like crazy on any topic related to motorcycles. But narrowing down the geographical area (sample size) will yield more similar answers.

After lots of reading and Revzilla videos, I think GORTEX is the way to go and there is no way around it.

I don't mind the warm feet. If I get moving and air cools them down, then I am fine with that.

I will look at the BMW All Arounds.

Quote:
Old 08-16-2014, 05:16 AM   #624
mandatedmotorvation
Shunpiker

Oddometer: 128
let us know how your experience goes or which boot you decide.

cheers!
mandatedmotorvation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 07:59 AM   #625
ethics_gradient
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by quattroman View Post
Hey Guys.

I've got some Frogg Togg's overboots that work OK. The left one has a leak I need to find/fix, but the one that doesn't leak keeps my boot dry as a bone, even for all-day riding. Surprisingly they don't interfere with shifting/rear brake.

I will probably pick up a pair of dedicated WP boots at some point now that I'm back in the US (just got back from 3 years in Japan last week), but if you're looking for a quick, cheaper solution, you could do worse than the Frogg Toggs.
ethics_gradient is offline   Reply With Quote