Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2014, 04:49 AM   #31
midlifecrisis388
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliverw View Post
I live in Hollister, Corbin is on the other side of town. Does it have to be a 2014? I have a 2013 F700, it should be the same.
According to their website it is a 2014. They are looking for other bikes too
midlifecrisis388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:06 AM   #32
toooldtocare
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113
Kay, let us know how the Sargent works out. It is too late for us (wife and I) to get a new seat, we are leaving for Texas and New Mexico next week, so the Corbin will have to do. By the way, our local dealer could not help us with our Corbin issue either, only suggested having it modified by a local shop. Though I would never say this, but Corbin has seen our last business. There are too many other companies out there willing to provide quality products.

Wayne
toooldtocare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:52 AM   #33
KayLR OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 477
Jessica at Corbin is head over sales ==I am not sure that is who you should see-Mike Corbin(owner) is the one that put it on the list--ask for him!!! Nothing wrong with asking for the topdog--they will have to keep your bike for a while though to make a mold for the seat pan,etc. My new sargent seat should be here tomorrow so I will let everyone know how it fits and rides. Have a safe trip toooldtocare!!!
07 silver wee-strom----sold
I was dual before it was cool!!!
KayLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 07:53 PM   #34
KayLR OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Thumbs down

Okay , got the sargent seat---I knew when I started out the 1 mile gravel driveway it wasn't going to be good. The thing tilts you forward so you are always trying to keep your butt back in the wide part of the seat. I did two lane blacktop and several miles of gravel--the whole time I was on the gravel road between the rough gravel and bumps you just keep sliding forward--the only time it was comfortable was when I did some 4 lane riding and had my feet on my highway pegs(yes, I have them on this bike-LOL) therefore pushing me and keeping me in the back of the seat where I needed to be. I really think it was worse than stock-at least on the stock you are seated on it in place--this one you were holding yourself the whole time to keep from sliding forward-everytime you let off the gas--everytime you braked--not fun! I am going to call and ask for Mike Corbin himself Tuesday morning and we are going to have a talk--the thing is I truly think they have a seat that fits my bike--they just don't know which one it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The corbin seat is so much more comfy-compared to the sargent it is a barca lounger! It has more seat to provide support for your legs and butt--this one didn't. So, for the sargent seat it gets a thumbs down from me.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:56 PM   #35
oliverw
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Kay, I had sent an email to the email address listed on the page with the bikes they are looking for over a week ago with no response. If you talk to Mike or any one at Corbin, let them know I am local and willing to let them use my 2013 F700 if they need it.

oliver
oliverw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 12:51 PM   #36
toooldtocare
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113
Kay, I hoped the Sargent seat would do the trick. Guess I will keep my Corbin and just limit rides to 100 miles or so.
toooldtocare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:51 PM   #37
KayLR OP
Gnarly Adventurer

So didn't I toooldtocare but it just was horrible. I am calling them for a fedex pickup tomorrow. I did send Mike Corbin an email and if I don't hear from him tomorrow I will be calling him. I am anxious to see what we can come up with and Oliver I will let him know about your bike.