Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2014, 08:02 PM   #29281
Dirtwoman
Plexus Princess

Oddometer: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR56 View Post
After the bike and I went swimming in a mud hole and we were both buried about 3 feet deep in the mud and under water, I still don't see the attraction. My advice...unless you can see the bottom or you let someone else go thru first, don't try it..
Oh I hate that I missed riding with you guys!! I didn't realize you were riding today until I saw the post later on today. :( but then again... it sounds like I might have been stuck in that mud hole too! I have found my fair share of those especially at Hard Labor Creek. I took a picture of my bike last time.... Me and the bike stuck in the mud...thankfully someone saved us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaces View Post
cool, let me know 2morrow if i need to look for you on monday.
I have been busy ALL day today! I don't think I will make it out tomorrow,,,, but I am for sure in for Monday...if you all don't mind a girl riding with you
Old 08-30-2014, 09:21 PM   #29282
Allaces
Clowns to left of me

Oddometer: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapdog View Post
Hey Ace, where and what time are you gonna start . I might like to tag along. Fast burn dirt?

(Dirtwoman) "I have been busy ALL day today! I don't think I will make it out tomorrow,,,, but I am for sure in for Monday...if you all don't mind a girl riding with you [/QUOTE]"

Im thinking we meet at N. Karick day use area (remember to pay ur $2) and start riding at 0815. That pretty close to where i need to pick up the route where i left off the other day. Once the 30ish miles are done we can continue on around and keep playing till we're tired or hungry.....im betting on hungry for me!!
Then a nice chocolate malt at Gators for the drive home :-)

So far it sounds like just the 3 of us.

DW, I PM'd you back
Allaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 09:30 PM   #29283
Allaces
Clowns to left of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
Oh man, I certainly am not missing the spiderwebs!
They are thriving!!! and make some HUGE ass webs from one side of the trail to the other.
OG and i were riding last week, staggered formation most of the day and it didnt matter who was up front....the #2 guy cleaned up the other side of the track if #1 "missed one"
Old 08-31-2014, 04:46 AM   #29284
OrangeGarrett
Ride'n With Rupert

Oddometer: 655
Ride Report

Last two days have been exciting, interesting, somewhat challenging, disappointing, relaxing, calming, and a few more I'm sure. And it's ALL good cause it means i'm still alive and kick'n.

Fri afternoon it was still hot in N GA, did some spore'n on TET04 and Tellico South ext. Found out that even though ambient temp can be 92, the streams are very COLD up here. Felt like my heart stopped when I accidentally went swim'n for a few seconds.

My learning curve can be steep at times in regards to the ever changing terrain in the mtns. Yesterday's "planned" ride distance was 109 miles which ended up being 179 miles due to road closures. It's not easy to backtrack and get around a closure up here like it is at home. I had to disregard signage at one point to continue the direction I needed to go, not considered "too bright" in a Natl Forest. All I could think about was a story Gimmee had told me about a guy having his bike taken away by federalies.

Waysherr, Skid and me met up last night, gonna do some tarmac twisty stuff today. A loop this morning and one this afternoon. Man, I'm get'n old. Very tired this morning. Here's a couple pics from Fri Sat.

Old 08-31-2014, 05:59 AM   #29285
SR56
Bullfrog

Oddometer: 377
"Man, I'm get'n old. Very tired this morning."

OG,

You not getting old, you are old...and I feel even older than you this morning.

Just remember what you are feeling is what it feels like to "Live The Dream"...although some days it physically feels like a nightmare. I know you are just like me and a few others on this forum who are about 17 mentally. If anybody tells you to "Grow Up", tell them you are as tall as you are going to get and keep having fun!
T. E. Lawrence otherwise known as Lawrence of Arabia
SR56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 06:15 AM   #29286
Vico1
The Maestro

Oddometer: 5,973
Oldie

Son- daddy when I grow up can I have a motor cycle?

Dad- nope. You can't do both.

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:09 AM   #29287
Bobby Ginger
Cat Herder

Oddometer: 940
Thanks for sharing OG, I am jones'in hard for a trip north. Your pics are well done. I cannot wait for this wing to heal, and ride a gravel road in the Smokies.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:40 AM   #29288
Madhouse
Semi-Goodlookin!

Oddometer: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ginger View Post
Thanks for sharing OG, I am jones'in hard for a trip north. Your pics are well done. I cannot wait for this wing to heal, and ride a gravel road in the Smokies.

+1.

Caleb, reckon you'll make Turkey Trot?
Old 08-31-2014, 12:11 PM   #29289
Bobby Ginger
Cat Herder

Oddometer: 940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhouse View Post
+1.

Caleb, reckon you'll make Turkey Trot?

I hope to be kicking a leg over in two weeks. That should give me enough time to build some strength and hopefully regain my flexibility by the trot. If I cannot ride like I want but then, I bring a big bike and do the beast or road ride.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:46 PM   #29290
SR56
Bullfrog

Oddometer: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
Son- daddy when I grow up can I have a motor cycle?

Dad- nope. You can't do both.

That is a good one...I like it!
T. E. Lawrence otherwise known as Lawrence of Arabia
SR56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 07:28 PM   #29291
lapdog
Old Skool

Oddometer: 59
Ridin Karick

Hey Ace, my weekend plans have changed (gotten screwed up).. Unexpected guests, Wifey plans, and it never did really rain over here bet its gonna be a nice ride. Any ways see ya next time and remember "Shiney side up"
lapdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:05 PM   #29292
OrangeGarrett
Ride'n With Rupert

Smoky's

Had fun ride'n with the "Young Gun" tour-guide and the "Senior Citizen" today.

It's bedtime so I'll post just a couple pics.

Do these two look like a couple of perverts or what!? Sure, I'd let my kids get into a van with these guys. NOT!

Potty break on Wayah Rd. Skid took a dump on the side of the road and they're discussing the texture and shape. Gross! I can still smell it this far away................

Waysherr was still promoting the John Penton Movie. Hope he washes it before Sept 10th.

This is why potty break was necessary.

Two loops today, only a 189 miles and that was fine with me. Still a little sore and tired from Fri and Sat stuff.
Old 08-31-2014, 08:55 PM   #29293
Allaces
Clowns to left of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapdog View Post
Hey Ace, my weekend plans have changed (gotten screwed up).. Unexpected guests, Wifey plans, and it never did really rain over here bet its gonna be a nice ride. Any ways see ya next time and remember "Shiney side up"
no worries. Looks like dirtwoman and gimmee are still on. maybe sum1 else will show up in d a.m.

see you after LBL.
Old 09-01-2014, 03:55 AM   #29294
OrangeGarrett
Ride'n With Rupert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ginger View Post

Troof dat! We're gonna run Cherohala, Dragon, Joyce Kilmer, Tellico Plains, hwy 68 etc...today.

I love the twisty tarmac but I'm really tempted to hop on the DS and take the back roads from Robbinsville to Tellico, meet the boys for lunch, then ride back on Tellico ext.

Glad ur gonna make the Trot. Look forward ta see'n ya and hopefully ride'n together.

Heal fast young man.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:24 AM   #29295
Vico1
The Maestro

Oddometer: 5,973
What Bike is Best!

I have been off for awhile and went out Saturday morning by myself on the DR650 for the first time in 5 weeks. I gotta tell you I really like that bike - for that type of riding.

I am very luck to have three bikes - my 5hunny, the DR650 and the DL1000 Vstrom. Each is suited for something different.

My 5 hunny is the bomb for dirt, sand, and rocks... awesome wow factor. My #1 ride.

But the DR has been a pleasant surprise. I have enjoyed it through Cheaha, GA, the Smokys and Arkansas. I loved it. Smooth on the street and ready for off road. I rode up to Mickeys for breakfast, rode around BW and then back home. Saved my $40 in gas alone. I never thought I could be happy with mild manners and easy peasy stuff but I'm lovin it.

The DL1000 is of course a big street machine that is NOT happy off road, well it might be but I aint when Im on it. But what a great machine for crusin'.

The best part about these two Suzies is the price. I got both these machines for less than 1/2 what I paid for my 5 hunny....that should tell you something right there.

IMHO as they ay...

Yall have a great Labor Day

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is online now   Reply With Quote