ADVMoto Adventure Rally, 18-20 Sep, Romney, WV

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by XDragRacer, Jun 17, 2015.

1. XDragRacer

XDragRacer Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Registration recently opened for the 2015 ADVMoto Adventure Rally, scheduled for September 18-20, staged from the Wapocoma Campground, near Romney, WV.

Looks like the event has grown from last year, with more rides and activities.

Lots of fun last time, expecting even more this year.
  2. VACommuter

VACommuter Long timer

Oddometer:
    I don't win shit, but I'm coming anyway.

VAC
  3. inhousebob

inhousebob mostly vertical

Oddometer:
    Where do we go for more info? Is there a flyer or link on line? I checked at ADVMoto.com but didn't see anything yet. Details. We need details! :ear
  4. XDragRacer

XDragRacer Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Event website:

http://advmotorally.com/
  5. FAW3

FAW3 Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Great to hear...the bar has been set pretty high based on the first ADVMoto Rally...the entire package was first rate IMO, I had a great time and enjoyed it. Of course...winning that $200 KLIM certificate was pretty nice too!!!

I see the Wapocoma campground is right on the Potomac River...my fly rod & gear will be on the KLR for sure!
  6. VACommuter

VACommuter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Let's pressure Bob into bringing his "special" bed roll.

VAC
  7. Scotty P

Scotty P Funny Like a Clown

Oddometer:
    I need some answers please..........170 participants and only 44 primitive sites that will be assigned ...so 3.8 people per assigned site??

What does assigned really mean?? Can I camp next to my friends??
  8. AB13

AB13 Ridge Runner

Oddometer:
    You should have a planning meeting...... AB:-)
  9. Scotty P

Oddometer:
    I did offer............:dunno
  10. CrazyCarl

CrazyCarl The Eternal NooB

Oddometer:
    We've got basically the whole campground which can hold over 300 sites. Many of the spaces you're counting (and are listed as numbered spots in the campground map) are big enough for much larger vehicles but we're still discouraging putting trailers or cars between bikes since that will reduce the usable space and the "field of bikes" feeling I love so much. :)

You can camp as a group, don't worry about that. You can even register up to 5 people at a time this year (but you will need all their info). Best thing to camp as a group is to all arrive together if possible, but if not, then save a space for your buddies. Like last year, plenty of firewood will be available plus we'll be having a bonfire, likely on the river or near the music.

Mucho improvements this year based on the feedback. We took it very seriously and tried to address even the smallest issues. Even more prizes this year at 10k. Sam Manicom is flying in to present and Bret Tkacs from PSSOR will be speaking on his travels in South America on Friday as well as doing the half-day Advanced Training on Saturday. Food is buffet style and much improved.

All of last year's attendees should have received an email with details, but I'll put it in below. Looking forward to seeing everyone there again this year!

CC

P.S. Gerbing's heated gloves and controller kit as prizes just walked in the door!

--------------

ADVMotoRally.com

Many improvements to the 2015 Rally in the areas of location, amenities, riding, training, food, vendors, prizes and entertainment make this the year of MORE!

When: September 18-20, 2015

Where: New location at Wapocoma Campground with more level ground, shaded camp sites, full bath house, pavilion and more. Bordered on three sides by the South Fork of the Potomac River, it's riparian setting is good for relaxing, fishing or whatever you want to do. It's also only five miles away from downtown Romney, WV and very close to the huge Romney Cycles.

Fees:
    • Pre-Registration - $95 (up to July 5)
    • Registration - $110 (after July 5)
    • Pre-Reg w/Basic or Adv Training - $170.00
    • Re w/ Basic or Adv Training - $185.00

More Vendors: Approximately double the vendors on site. This year we're looking to include Rev'it, Vee Rubber, MotoMachines, Green Chile, Continental, Dual Sport Armory, our friends at Crazy Fox Coffee and more to be announced.

Even More Door Prizes: Already at $9,000 at the time of this email, we're estimating over $10,000 of Door Prizes in 2015.

More Speakers: We're flyin' Sam Manicom in from the UK as and Bret Tkacs from Washington State to give talks on "Into Africa" and "Traveling South America."

More Food: This year we're working with "Gourmet Central" from nearby Romney, WV. They'll be cooking up a buffet breakfast and buffet pig roast dinner. Plenty of food for everyone! See the website for more delicious menu details. All other times, Social BBQ from Harrisonburg, VA will be providing lunch and dinner on Friday, and breakfast on Monday.

More Training: Returning from last year to run Basic training is Alain from Explor-Int. Advanced training will be run by Bret Tkacs from Puget Sound Safety Off-Road (PSSOR). Bret is the number one trainer at PSSOR with plenty of off-road and adventure travel experience. Both trainers will have access to a large field and routes for a quick afternoon ride. At only $75 dollars this is an outstanding training value!

More Rides: New routes, women's ride, more ride leaders, a Wilderness Poker Run and more! GPS tracks will be sent out earlier this year and be made available on the ADVMotoRally.com website.

More Music: Local Bluegrass band "Jake and the Burtones" will take us into the late evening with some live entertainment, plucky picking and melodious tunes.

11. Scotty P

Oddometer:
    Thanks Carl, that answered the question. When it said primitive camping I took that literally for the spots on the map. I was also afraid there would be families all around us in RVs

Thanks again
    Scott.
  12. CrazyCarl

Oddometer:
    There will likely be a couple long term renters there (can't rightly kick them out), but they won't allow weekend/families/etc. in during our event. Best thing we can do is get folks registered ASAP and let the campground owner know, "Hey we need alla dis!"

Overall though, the place is nicer with level campsite, lots of trees, multiple paths to ride around the camp area and, of course, some river side sites which should be really nice.

The following image is taken at approximatly site 101 on their map. River is on the other side of the trees.

[​IMG]

C

13. VACommuter

VACommuter Long timer

Oddometer:
    They best hide their womenz and pets....

VAC
  14. Scotty P

Oddometer:
    And Hide the pie...........

:hide
  15. CrazyCarl

Oddometer:
    Not sure about pie this year, but we gots mix local fruit crisps for dinner on Sat night

Also, just received the menu for the Social BBQ truck which will sell Lunch/Dinner for Fri and Saturday breakfast.

BREAKFAST

• Breakfast Tacos $5
    • Smoked Veggies
    • Pulled Pork
    • Pulled Chicken
    • Sausage
    • Sliced Brisket $7
    • 2-Fried Egg Sandwich $5
    • Bacon or Sausage
    • Brisket and Egg Sandwich $7

LUNCH/DINNER

- Sandwiches -

Smoked Brats
    w/ Caramelized Onions/Mush $5
    Pulled Pork $6
    Sliced Brisket $7

- Platters -

• 1/2 Chicken $7
    • BBQ Burger $8
    • 1/2 Rack of Ribs $10
    • Sides $2
    Macaroni Salad
    Potato Salad
    Cole Slaw

Last but not least, REV'IT has confirmed they will be attending the Rally. Also may be a possibility of Christini test rides (not yet confirmed).

Not yet updated on the website is Forma and Klim have come on as sponsors but have not decided what their prize donations will be.

CC

16. CrazyCarl

Oddometer:
    I should have been more clear on that. We will be taking over the BLUE and RED sites on the map as well which are designed for pull throughs, most also have electric (which is SWEET!) The YELLOW sites across from the pavillion and bath house will be for vendors.

Hope this is starting to mentally shape up as I know details can be confusing.

One thing is for sure, there are lots more shady camp sites with lots more camping tables around, fire pits/ring all over the place, and flushing toilets and shower within short walking distance.

Fly fishing is encouraged. For train lovers, there's an active train track just across the river on the north side.

CC

17. Scotty P

Oddometer:
    IN........and paid.
  18. inhousebob

inhousebob mostly vertical

Oddometer:
    It just gets mo' better and mo' better!
  19. CrazyCarl

Oddometer:
    Rally update, PIAA has just come on board, donating a new LP270 LED driving light kit to the prize pool!

We'll be at 10K in prizes really soon. Probably loook more like 11-12k. Waiting to hear in from Forma boots, KLIM, Redverz Tents and more....

ADVMotoRally.com

CC
  20. She_Braaps

She_Braaps Flying Merkel

Oddometer:
    Woohooooo! Let's Rally!

Ya' in? Ya' out?