Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2006, 11:06 PM   #1
COBAUM OP
How Did I Get Here?

Oddometer: 136
KLX650 riders UNITE

OK. I am a KLR650 rider. The KLX650 always intrigued me. From what I read, it is the county road brother of the KLR. Not many around, but a VERY loyal (maybe delusional) following. I came across a KLX650 that was owned by the Colorado Springs Police/Fire depts. Seems they took turns using it to patrol off road areas. One of the riders dropped it and cracked the case (hairline) right where the clutch rod enters the side case. So the clutch started sticking. Then, they started cannibalizing parts for the other patrol bikes. I bought it for ~$350 and after a close examination; it will take ~$500 to get it back to running and street legal. Add $175 if I cannot repair the side case.

So, I find that the only place to get good info is the yahoo KLX650 group. Why do you guys not hang out here? I hate the message board software yahoo uses. It is difficult to find info using the search function whereas here it is a breeze. Come on guys. This is a great site and a great place for KLX riders to hang out.

Don't be Hatin' - Kyle W
COBAUM is offline   Reply With Quote