|09-13-2006, 04:53 PM||#1|
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Pickwick Lake, Tennessippi
DirtyTracks For Huachinera Festival Riders
At Ibarra's suggestion, I have done a little GPS routing for you. Attached here are some methods of negotiating a dirt route from Agua Prieta to Huachinera for the Huachinera Festival in October 6-7, '06.
You *MUST* turn off the autorouting feature on your computer and your GPS, or you'll have a tough time making it go since there are no Garmin Autorouting roads in this file and the machine will be confused.
I've ridden all these routes, and many, many more.
Contained in the file:
1. AP2Huach - takes you from Agua Prieta to Huachinera on dirt. Bike bike capable route.
2. Huach2Madera - Takes you from Huachinera to Madera via primarily dirt. Big bike capable route.
3. Huach2TresRios - Takes you from Huachinera to TresRios, where it'll put you on the Huach2Madera route. Difficult, thumper territory. Steep, rugged climbs.
4. MaderaLasAranas - a rugged route from Madera to Highway 16 a little east of Basaseachi Falls. Difficult, thumper territory. Steep, rugged climbs, little fuel, no motels or support.
5. LasAranasBasaseachi - takes you from 16 at the end of #4 through the back way to San Juanito (near Creel). Big bike capable.
A few hundred waypoints are in there to help ID towns and such.
gaspipe [the original]
Hair of the dog....
gaspipe screwed with this post 07-21-2008 at 08:29 PM
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|