ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2006, 01:15 PM   #1
SST OP
Lost again...

Oddometer: 1,295
Thumb Virginia KTM Adventure Tour

Thought I would cross post this for those of us in the East that don't visit Vendor Forum very often.

Here is link to the upcoming KTM Adventure Tour with Scot Harden scheduled for October 27-29 in Luray, VA. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164387

There is a One Day Instructional Class on Friday followed by a Halloween Party and BBQ at Outlanders KTM. Saturday and Sunday are adventure rides taking in a variety of terrain in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley and in the Blue Ridge and Alleghany Mountains. Fall colors and scenery should be spectacular to go along with getting to ride and learn from Scot Harden, one of the most experienced adventure riders and racers and Dakar veteran.

LET'S RIDE!
Rallymoto #165
SST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 01:56 PM   #2
CMWoody
Banned

Oddometer: 5,248
Don't know man, I can go up and chase Steve around western Va...its an adventure and Halloween rolled into one. All I have to do is buy him some fried chicken...a savings of about $1240
CMWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 04:10 PM   #3
SST OP
Lost again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmwoodys
Don't know man, I can go up and chase Steve around western Va...its an adventure and Halloween rolled into one. All I have to do is buy him some fried chicken...a savings of about $1240
Thanks for that nice post.

Been there and done that with Steverino and it's fun! Steve is a good rider crazy but with no offense to Steve "he ain't no Scot Harden" Really no comparison in experience, skill and knowledge.

In fact, at one point Steve was hoping to do a Scot Harden class and ride.

To each his own... I always took Steve as a beef guy though...
Rallymoto #165
Old 09-25-2006, 04:55 AM   #4
grimmboy
Chris Grimm

Oddometer: 877
I heard tell we had a German, possibly two, oder zwei, and farmer from C'ville? That would make three 950's thus far.

Doc Gonzo, hows that knee coming along. Nice opportunity to break-in the 950SE?
grimmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 06:46 AM   #5
kres
Arrrrrrrrr!

Oddometer: 1,197
Nutz.

I'm visiting close friends in Athens that weekend. Plane tickets already purchased.

...however I'm riding down, so the pain is not too great.

All those sitting on the fence: If you love Dual Sport riding, or the IDEA of Dual Sporting, take this class. It's a BIG confidence booster, and Scott is a good teacher, a fantastic rider, and a really class A human being to boot.

Hopefully, I'll catch him next time he's in town... Or at one of his Nevada Rally's.

Have fun guys
Old 09-25-2006, 04:02 PM   #6
Srbenda
Embassy of South Carolina

Oddometer: 11,981
Mmmmm.....tasty. Would love to go, but no way can I swing the $1200 bill. Looks like fun though!
It seemed to me that the earth may he borrowed but not bought. It may be used but not owned. It gives itself in response to love and tending.... But we are tenants and not possessors, lovers and not masters.
Srbenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 05:39 PM   #7
SST OP
Lost again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreadMan
Mmmmm.....tasty. Would love to go, but no way can I swing the $1200 bill. Looks like fun though!
Come up and do the one day class for only $300. It is the most beneficial IMHO and a good investment especially for learning to ride big bikes offroad. Most of Friday is spent learning and doing drills and skills in the dirt. A couple of folks are coming up and one is bringing their family and doing the One Day Class and then riding and spending time exploring the Shenandoah Valley on their own or with their families.
Rallymoto #165