ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Asia & the Pacific Rim
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-04-2006, 07:59 PM   #1
DanKearney OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
Looking for Garmin POI's for China

Greetings All,

I'm leaving in a few days for my third China trip (Yeah!). Still can't bike there, but this time I'm going to be driving from Guangzhou to Guilin to Hainan Island.

I just picked up a Garmin GPSMap 60csx and the Garmin World Map. I knew before I bought it that World Map only has highways and major roads for China on it. I figured it will at least get me from city to city. After that I'll put my wife (Native) to work getting local directions.

Anyway, it would be nice if someone out there that might have already created POI's for gas stations, etc. in China might share them with me. I plan to map as many of them as I can while I travel this time, but it would be nice to have some in advance.

Cheers,

Dan K.
Black Hawk, Colorado
DanKearney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 12:21 AM   #2
bigefritz
bigEfritz

Oddometer: 4
i'm in beijing and just started mapping

hey i'm up here in beijing and have just started mapping stuff around here. i got a few nice little trails and sights that i enjoy but as for the south i really don't know of any garmin compatable maps. i also have the world map and have successfully used it to go around from city to city here and it is pretty acurate, it will definately get you where you need to go. if and when you do mark up the south please let me know. i would love to have whatever stuff you find.

it is possible to have and ride a bike here in china, but it might not be so legal or feasable for people not accustomed to the way things are done here.
bigefritz is offline   Reply With Quote