User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2006, 11:20 PM   #1
Mouse OP
I'm only smelly

Oddometer: 8,976
Training courses in Australia

Many training courses catering for differing levels of skill (and budget) are conducted in Australia each year.

Miles regularly conducts adventure training courses in NSW aimed at bigger bikes - a previous one here and next one on 5-6/7/06 here. Cost usually around the $250 mark

Lyndon conducts courses, usually in Victoria, last known one here

BMW provides a adv course using supplied F650 bikes, last known course here. Cost $850

Please post in this thread if you know of an upcoming course but start any reports on the actual course as a new thread.

I will add any further course reports to this index post as they occur.

Autostream screwed with this post 08-08-2006 at 10:38 PM
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 03:25 AM   #2
rjf
SBS's #1 fan in January

Oddometer: 4,373
ADV bike courses, Central Coast NSW

There have been a few people coment on the lack of advbike training available locally (near Sydney).

A thread on the previous course can be seen by clicking HERE

As I work as I work in the rider training industry, for http://www.wheel-skills.com.au/ , At Wyong, I talked to the boss about running courses, and this is what we have come up with.

We can offer a full days training (8 hours +) for $165. But we need at least 4 people per course for it to be viable. There is a maximum of 6 students per course, to ensure the needs of each individual can be focused on.

Weekday course's are easy to organise, and would require minimal notice to organise. Weekend courses are no worries either, but would need to start at 7 a.m, and may need up to a months notice.

We do offer one on one training at $140 for 3 hours, so that option is available too. But even if you don't have 4-5 friends that want to do a course, the best option is to contact the office, so we can fit you into a group, as the course will be much more time, for less dollars.

To book into a course you need to ring / email our office.

The contact details for the office are;

ph - (02) 4952 4458

Email - ja@wheel-skills.com.au

If there are any enquires relating to course content, suitability, etc, contact me via pm here or email rhysfoan@bigpond.com

The Curriculum

Intro (in classroom) - Introduce instructor/s and students to each other, theory lesson on off road riding posture, cornering techniques, Slide avoidance / correction and braking technique.

Then do on bike lessons on the concrete training range.

1. Low speed maneuvering -work on posture, balance, turns, clutch & throttle control.

2. Braking - from about 20 -30 km/h.

Once every one has developed the correct technique on the concrete area, we would have a 20 min morning tea break, then move to the dirt area and practice the same skills.

3. Then Ascents and descents on dirt

4. Lunch break

5. Obstacle crossing techniques (theory only) – erosion mounds, water obstacles and rough terrain.

Then go put it all into practice out in Olney, Wyong and Watagan State forest’s,
where we will stop and practice sections as well.

The course will be suitable for novices and experienced riders. there are also hire bikes avaiable, SL250's.

Course location

Wheelskills Tuggerah, at the Rear of the local Honda shop, Woody's Motcycles.

Rear of Woody's Motorcycles, 148 Pacific Hwy, Tuggarah

People interested, (don't post here!) you can PM me your email and / or phone # to let me know your interested, and so I can send you updates.

See ya,

Rhys

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadslide, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming- WOW-WHAT A RIDE!

rjf screwed with this post 01-05-2010 at 04:45 AM
rjf is offline   Reply With Quote