Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2007, 05:49 AM   #1
aurel OP
Cheese&Wine!

Oddometer: 3,687
Adventure in Morocco

We're back! From Morocco as you can imagine. And we have many pics for you

So here is the report day by day.

Morocco is a modern country compare to some others so I don't know if I can say it was an adventure but believe me it was not always a five stars trip, we had some big trouble and that was clearly an off-road oriented trip.

Chapter 1: From France to Morocco

It's Friday, I work only on the morning. After a lunch with my girlfriend I have to kiss her and say goodbye. I'm going to drive from Toulouse to Séte where we're going to take the ferry. In Séte I will meet kktos (from ADVrider) and Christian. They come from the area of Montpellier.

Christian is an old motorcyle driver, he's used to drive enduro bikes but for the trip he's going to take his DL650. kktos he's going to come with his 12GS. I'll take my 990Adv. The DL and my 990 are going to suffer a lot in Morocco...

Once on the dock in Séte I meet Christian who's already there. kktos is going to arrive some minutes later. That's not a surprise but we're not the only ones to go to Morocco for off-road

We're going to meet a lot of guys from Desert Tours or Raid de l'Amitié.

That's our boat, we're sure we're going to Morocco

We put all the bikes on the car deck before the crew close it for the journey. We'll see our bikes again in 36h, that's going to be long...

Last goodbye to France before we start cruising along the Spanish coast down to Gibraltar and then to Tanger.

On the Sunday morning Gibraltar was close to us, in a few hours we'll ride in Morocco We cannot wait anymore, everybody is exciting, at least me

We had to do some papers at the customs services before being free to ride.

For this first day the plan is to drive to Fes, South-East of Tanger. Our road book is a mix between road and track. That's the first day so we're going to start softly...

Soon we arrived at the start of our first track After 36h on a boat it's a real pleasure!

In the North of Morocco there is a lot of vegetation.

Early in the afternoon we arrived close to Fes.

kktos and Christian started installing crash bars on the 12GS. I bought it at my local BMW dealer for kktos because his dealer was out of stock. After that we took a good shower and decided to visit Fes by bike.

After that we went to a restaurant where Christian and kktos went last year during their previous trip in Morocco.

Up to there everything is ok...

To come, Chapter 2: the HD handlebar.

World Tour finished! http://www.the-great-adventure.fr
aurel is offline   Reply With Quote