Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-24-2007, 09:05 AM   #9
FrisbeeR1200GS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 194
Windscreen Tips: Shorter May Be Better

I will offer one basic suggestion on the Windscreens and wind buffeting issue that to some may be counter-intuitive. Regarding wind buffeting, shorter can be better.

Evidence my 2006 Triumph Tiger. The shape of the factory fairing created so much buffeting around the helmet area that it was painful, even with earplugs. Triumph does make a short “Sport Screen” for this model and it eliminates all the buffeting…period. Now, I’m very willing to pay the price of having more wind around my shoulders, etc. Only above 80+ MPH do I want another screen option to lessen the “body drag” for long trips. On the K1200rs, I use the Ztechnic short screen with the same results as on the Tiger. I use the BMW touring screen for the super fast freeway trips.

So, the R bike’s factory screen (during my test drive yesterday) I expect will be quite adequate for many of my trips.

However, I notice that Cee Bailey has introduced two new screens for the GS which they categorize as “summer screens” One has dome cut profile (10 inches tall), the other a euro cut profile (7 inches tall). I expect I will purchase one of these screens.

Question: Has anyone purchased one of these new screens? If so, what’s your experience?

Thanks in advance, I’ll try to contribute as often as my experience will permit.

Last but not least, Yes the Tiger is being replaced by the GS. Just had to have a GS.
FrisbeeR1200GS is offline   Reply With Quote