User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-2007, 01:29 PM   #1
drrags OP
Dorkus Malorkus

Oddometer: 1,810
Laugh Bug Murderers Assault Alaska! (with some time-lapse)

Here lies a tale of assorted scooter trash on their assault to Alaska. My personal goal was to put a boot in the Arctic Ocean, but I got a little more than that

The tale starts in Portland, Oregon with an invitation by Biermeister brauhausbier to tag along with him on his 2nd attempt at Prudoe Bay; his first attempt being thwarted by snow at Atigan Pass a few years ago.

Joining us for part of the trip would be Wild Man Forrest, doing his last leg on a multi-month 4-corners trip, with AK being the 5th corner.

Intersecting our departure was the fascinating Ms. Chiff, who was heading down California way and on to West Fest, despite my best efforts to convince her that riding to Alaska with us would be far more exciting.

Another one of my goals was to film the entire trip with time-lapse. Between 3 cameras I managed to take over 9,200 pictures (and because of that, this trip report will be painfully slow to compose). One picture taken every 10 seconds. The time-lapse was only partially successful however. One problem was bugs:

And another was vibration (ferchrissakes, I mounted the camera on the handlebars of a KTM 640, what did I expect?)

And finally the Rube-Goldberg mount, eh, she assploded.

Ok, I really have to get back to work now but I am going to put so many pictures up that you will want to vomit, and some other details about the trip perhaps not found in other AK trip reports. Hang in there, I'll be back!

drrags screwed with this post 08-02-2007 at 12:14 AM
drrags is offline   Reply With Quote