Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-22-2007, 02:04 AM   #1
AKDuc OP
Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer: 6,491
Nice Little Sunday Fall Ride Down Turnagain Arm

Man, it's gettin chilly outside! Almost time to stud up the KLR and start ridin with the electric Scorpion visor and Gerbing's electric socks.

I was kinda bummed that I wasn't able to ride in last weekend's good weather. I was showing a cousin from Metlakatla around on his first visit to Southcentral. He was VERY impressed with our lovely area!

I was REALLY hoping it was gonna be sunny and actually get up to the nice warm 40 degree's that was forecasted. Wanted to get some more photos of the Duc in front of some of the pretty trees. Oh well, maybe next year. Because of the weather conditions I decided I'd better take the hot grip'd KLR which is also a bit smaller and more nimble JUST in case I did happen to hit some ice.

Just yesterday I was reminiscing with a fellow rider about the good 'ol days around Anchorage during which I mentioned the old Rabbit Hutch. Not sure how much longer this sign's gonna remain standing so I thought today might be a good day for a photograph, especially with the pretty snow covered peaks in the background.

Potter Marsh may soon be frozen enough for some skating. Dogbrother Comet loves chasing a hockey puck!

Always enjoy see'n my shadow on the rocky cliffs along the Arm.

Turned around just past Indian as the sun was dippin behind the mountains.
Off yonder in the distance across the Inlet lies the sleepy little town of Hope.

Ah, the pretty leaves I was looking for all lit up nice and bright by the setting sun.

Yep, the setting sun. Pretty.

Remember me saying it was chilly? A thermometer said 25 on it as I was gettin close to home.
ALMOST time to break out all that cold weather gear. See ya, Mark H.

AKDuc screwed with this post 03-19-2008 at 02:23 AM
AKDuc is offline   Reply With Quote