User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-26-2007, 05:51 AM   #27
tricepilot OP
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,305
During the meeting, Bruce and Alejo give the rundown on how the trip is going to work.

They cover logistics, routing, and a bunch of other items.

The great thing about running into Mexico with these guys is that you can group up/pair up or ride solo every day, however you like. No matter what, if your bike craps out, Alejo will be there to cart it out of Mexico.

I found that taking off on my own or with one or two other people who had a similar riding style suited me best.

Most people like to explore on their own, but on some days they like to ride with the guia. Its up to you. You can ride as fast or as slow as you want.

Trip Tip:

One of the best tips for Mexico travel is that if you arrive in your overnight town on your own, and you're not sure where you are, just find a taxi and pay him to lead you to your hotel. Its a classic tip and works every time.

At the meeting, we were figuring all this out...

At dinner, you can be sure Alejo was attending to all the details...

The food at Mr. C's Supper Club was a very pleasant surprise (because Mr. C's Supper Club didn't sound so hot at first). It was really excellente.

I had the Cabrilla (sea bass) in mojo de ajo. Really good:

A lot of other people had the steak, which I tried and was most excellent:

The banter was always congenial and pleasant...especially from Scotland Steve:

Bruce reassured people that they wouldn't get lost...

While Alejo challenged Peter to a highway dual:

A spy told me about Alejo's birthday, so I was glad that it was not forgotten, and we celebrated:

Bright and early Tuesday morning, we gathered outside the hotel for the group shot...all of these people would turn out to be very good riders. Some, surprisingly so. Everybody was ready for adventure. That they got.

And headed for the border...

I believe I was the only one in the group that had ridden a motorcycle in Mexico before, so little did the others know what a great experience was ahead...

And little did we know that in just a few days, one motor would blow on the highway, and another bike would slide into a highway post and be totaled...

Next Up: Border Crossing 101

Pay Attention, Class!
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote