ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2008, 09:56 AM   #1
Airhead OP
More human than human

Oddometer: 2,099
Cromag Campout-Brownfield, Maine-2008 Official Information Thread (9/4-7)

This is going to serve as the official Cromag Campout information thread.

I am requesting that no one post to this thread. That way folks who are just looking for info will not have to wade through 100+ pages just to find out where the campout is. Feel free to post comments, questions, etc, to this thread:

Cromag 2008

What is the Cromag Campout?
For those of you who do not know, the Cromag campout is an informal gathering of (mostly) ADVRider inmates. The campout is open to all...all you have to do is pay and show up. Last year we extendeded the campout to 4 days, and we are going to stick with that format for this year. Dates will be September 4th (Thursday) to the 7th (Sunday). Last year we had approximately 120 people attend...hopefully this year we will have more.

What Happens at the Cromag Campout?
A lot of eating, drinking, riding, and camping. There are organized rides everyday...last year we had street rides, mid-sized enduro rides, and true dirt bike rides (assuming enough people want to bring/ride real dirt bikes to the campout. Please let me know if you would like to do the dirt bike ride, so I can plan accordingly), and we plan to stick to that format again this year. Of course, you are free to do your own ride (we are very near the White Mountains of New Hampshire...plenty of great off and on-road riding), or to do no riding at all.

What is Provided?
We provide a place to pitch your tent, food and beer for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights, coffee and donuts for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday mornings, solar showers, and toilets. Stickers and mugs will be included in the campout cost this year, while T-Shirts will be paid for separately.

What do I need to Bring?
You need to bring a bike and camping gear. Anything else is optional.

When is the Campout?
September 4th - September 7th

Where is the Campout?
Brownfield, Maine -
N43 55.729 W70 56.208

From the Southwest:

Take Route 16 all the way into Conway.

From Conway, take Route 113 towards Maine.

At the first set of lights outside of Conway, continue straight on Route 302.

In 1/2 mile or so, 302 enters Center Conway. Take a right on Mill Street.

Follow Mill Street to where it ends in a T intersection. Take a left at the T.

Take your first right onto Old County Road.

At the top of the steep hill, in about 1/2 mile, take a left on Merrill Corner Road.

Our house is on the right, approximately 1/2 mile down Merrill Corner Road. There is a white gate at the end of our dirt driveway, with the numbers "176" on them. You can just see our house, a log cabin with a blue metal roof, from the road.

From the Southeast/East:

Take Route 25 east to Route 113/5. Take 113/5 North through Steep Falls, Baldwin, and Hiram.

Take a left on Route 160 in Brownfield...Grant's Gas Station is on the corner.

Go through the center of Brownfield, past the town office and the school. Route 160 makes a sharp left...stay straight on Main Street. You will pass Dugway Road on your left. Take the next left on Merrill Corner Road, where Main Street bears right.

Our house is on the left, approximately 3/4 miles down Merrill Corner Road. There is a white gate at the end of our dirt driveway, with the numbers "176" on them. You can just see our house, a log cabin with a blue metal roof, from the road.

From the North:

Take either Route 302 or Route 16 all the way to Center Conway, and then follow the directions for people coming from the Southwest.

From the West:

Take Route 112 (the Kanc) all the way to Conway, and then follow the directions for folks coming from the Southwest.

How Much Does the Campout Cost?

We were hoping to reduce the cost of the weekend this year, but with everything being more expensive, and with the number of folks who have confirmed that they are attending (86 so far), it looks as though the cost for the weekend is going to be the same as last year:

$75/person for the weekend
$14/shirt

In case anyone is wondering, the $75 covers:

Dinner Thursday, Friday, and Saturday
Breakfast Friday and Saturday
Beer Thursday, Friday, Saturday
Toilets
Communal Tent
Showers
Camping
Cromag Mug
Cromag Sticker

You are on your own for lunch and gas, but everything else is pretty much taken care of.

Payment:

We encourage everyone who can to pay via paypal. It is safe for you, safe for us, and instantaneous...which helps us pay all of our upfront costs. My paypal address is:

jeffc@debike.com

If you need to pay via check, please PM me and I will give you my mailing address.

Please include your ADVRider screen name with all paypal payments.

If you want a shirt, please check to make sure your name is on the shirt list, and that I have the size correct.

T-Shirts?
Adam Peirce (apeirce) is already working on a design for this year. People who would like a shirt should PM me with their size and number of shirts desired ASAP, so I can get a semi-accurate count. Shirts will be available at the campout. As soon as I have a cost, I will post it here. I will keep a separate shirt list below, and payment for shirts should be paypaled to me along with your event payment.

Do you Need Help?
We always need help! If you would like to help with Sam's Club runs, site prep, firewood collection, etc, PM me and we will set up some work weekends. All help is greatly appreciated!

Can I bring my RV?
As a general rule, no. It's not that we don't like RVs, we just don't have the room. A few people who are coming up early to help out with the organiztion will have RVs, and we can make exceptions if you have a compelling reason why you need to sleep in a motorhome. PM me if you have any questions.

Can I bring My Family?
Significant others and friends are, of course, welcome. We do ask that you not bring kids...this is really an adult party.

Misc.
We generally try to have a raffle on Saturday night, so if anyone has anything they would like to donate, please let me know. The plan is to have one ticket included in the cost of the campout, with additional tickets available on-site. We are also planning to have burgers and dogs for dinner Thursday, and have Rick do BBQ for both Friday and Saturday nights . Donations of food/liquor/cigars are, of course, more than welcome!

What if I have Questions?
PM me or post questions to the other thread:

Cromag 2008

Finally, please let me know ASAP, either by posting to the other thread:

Cromag 2008

or by PM if you are planning to attend, and if you would like a shirt. The sooner I get an approximate headcount, the sooner I can come up with a cost.

As many of you know, this will be my daughter's first campout (she was born last year on Sept. 14th), so the event will be extra special for my wife and myself. My wife will also be able to ride and drink this year...

Let the (very early) planning begin!'

Note:
The list of attendees and the T-Shirt list are posted on the other Cromag 2008 thread:

Cromag 2008

Airhead screwed with this post 08-06-2008 at 06:57 PM
Airhead is offline   Reply With Quote