ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-05-2008, 08:54 AM   #2461
DirtRideRoader
Armed and Dangerous
 
DirtRideRoader's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Location: Republic of Texas
Oddometer: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpothoven




Are those Corbin seats?
__________________
Chris
IBA #23263
DirtRideRoader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:07 AM   #2462
nerudarider
nerudarider
 
nerudarider's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Istanbul, Stockholm
Oddometer: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman
Just got her home. New '07 Adventure. Traded my '05 GS in on her. More pics soon to come.

Stuntman, congratulatons on your new bike!

I'm thinking about converting from 12GS to 12GSA - basically because of the larger tank, lights and crash-bars.

Now that you know - can you tell me how different it feels in terms of handling or any other practical information about differences in performance between the two?
__________________
Ida Mountain - Turkish west coast 2005
Moscow detour - Istanbul to Stockholm via Moscow 2006
Meteora Sunset - Istanbul to Larisa and back 2007
Historical Balkan - Istanbul to Stockholm via Belgrade, Budapest and Warsaw 2007
Tatar Rush from Trakai to Yalta to Istanbul 2007
Turkish Coastline - Riding in the Aegean and Mediterranean Coastline 2007
Heaven at the Gates of Hell - Chapadas in tropical Brazil 2008
nerudarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:19 AM   #2463
gpothoven
whatever
 
gpothoven's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Quito, Ecuador
Oddometer: 2,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrr1150gs
Are those Corbin seats?
Sargent
gpothoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 10:03 AM   #2464
SFKLR
Noob. Again.
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Benicia, CA
Oddometer: 1,051
Love it! The bars seem superfluous anyway: cylinder heads stick our further, bars and boxes would probably hit first. If one does not ride offroad, seems unnecessary. And again, wow, looks great without. Saves weight too.
SFKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:06 PM   #2465
Stuntman
Studly Adventurer
 
Stuntman's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Don't know...I'm lost.
Oddometer: 677
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerudarider
Stuntman, congratulatons on your new bike!

I'm thinking about converting from 12GS to 12GSA - basically because of the larger tank, lights and crash-bars.

Now that you know - can you tell me how different it feels in terms of handling or any other practical information about differences in performance between the two?
Thanks! IMO the GSA is worth the larger tank alone. I do a lot of long distance riding and I got sick of filling up every 200 miles. As for the feel of the GSA, it feels just like my GS did except I sit a little higher, it has much better wind protection, and of course the extended fuel range. When the tank is full and I am pushing the bike around the garage, it definitely feels more top heavy, but once I am riding, the weight seems to disapear. I really, really like it and I am glad I made the move!!!
__________________
Bring a compass, it's awkward when you have to eat your friends.
Stuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:21 PM   #2466
Treadless
used 2 b aventuring
 
Treadless's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Santa Barbara Ca
Oddometer: 5,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpothoven





You did a great job on the bike! VERY cool!


That is the first Adventure I've seen that I would consider owning.
__________________

Treadless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 02:53 AM   #2467
nerudarider
nerudarider
 
nerudarider's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Istanbul, Stockholm
Oddometer: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman
Thanks! IMO the GSA is worth the larger tank alone. I do a lot of long distance riding and I got sick of filling up every 200 miles. As for the feel of the GSA, it feels just like my GS did except I sit a little higher, it has much better wind protection, and of course the extended fuel range. When the tank is full and I am pushing the bike around the garage, it definitely feels more top heavy, but once I am riding, the weight seems to disapear. I really, really like it and I am glad I made the move!!!
Thanks for your opinion Stuntman, I appreciate it
__________________
Ida Mountain - Turkish west coast 2005
Moscow detour - Istanbul to Stockholm via Moscow 2006
Meteora Sunset - Istanbul to Larisa and back 2007
Historical Balkan - Istanbul to Stockholm via Belgrade, Budapest and Warsaw 2007
Tatar Rush from Trakai to Yalta to Istanbul 2007
Turkish Coastline - Riding in the Aegean and Mediterranean Coastline 2007
Heaven at the Gates of Hell - Chapadas in tropical Brazil 2008
nerudarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:53 AM   #2468
Fastbike (japan)
Adventurer
 
Fastbike (japan)'s Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: JAPAN
Oddometer: 34
2006 BMWR1200GS(japan)

Just got my first 1200gs a few days ago...long story but it the bargin of the year.... End of April will be doing my first Iron butt ride here in Japan ...

Story goes like this..taxi hits the guy a very slow speed and he trops the bike(1kmh??..)
dealer calls insurance company and say the engine is fucked and the guy wants a new bike...
so the insurance company pays for the new bike and calls me to collect it from the bike shop...
the guy in the shop was not happy.....insurance company says i can have the bike for around 20% of market price... get the bike back to my place charge the battey and she starts on the first push of the button(12,000km)... 200km test ride and she is fine... the only mark on the bike is the rocker cover....so now my GS days are abou start....

Fastbike (japan) screwed with this post 03-06-2008 at 08:16 AM
Fastbike (japan) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 11:03 AM   #2469
jason70360
Future Lotto Winner
 
jason70360's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Houma, LA
Oddometer: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastbike (japan)
Just got my first 1200gs a few days ago...long story but it the bargin of the year.... End of April will be doing my first Iron butt ride here in Japan ...

Story goes like this..taxi hits the guy a very slow speed and he trops the bike(1kmh??..)
dealer calls insurance company and say the engine is fucked and the guy wants a new bike...
so the insurance company pays for the new bike and calls me to collect it from the bike shop...
the guy in the shop was not happy.....insurance company says i can have the bike for around 20% of market price... get the bike back to my place charge the battey and she starts on the first push of the button(12,000km)... 200km test ride and she is fine... the only mark on the bike is the rocker cover....so now my GS days are abou start....
What is there to say other than "Lucky Bastard".

Enjoy!
jason70360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 05:24 AM   #2470
Fastbike (japan)
Adventurer
 
Fastbike (japan)'s Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: JAPAN
Oddometer: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason70360
What is there to say other than "Lucky Bastard".

Enjoy!
not that lucky just done 150ks in the rain...
Fastbike (japan) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 10:44 AM   #2471
Steve Young
A Scotsman in Canada
 
Steve Young's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Oddometer: 99
First day out

Couple of new shots of the bike after winter
Attached Images
 
__________________
Confucius say, man who snort coke, get bubbles up nose
Steve Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 10:45 AM   #2472
Steve Young
A Scotsman in Canada
 
Steve Young's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Oddometer: 99
Next

one
Attached Images
 
__________________
Confucius say, man who snort coke, get bubbles up nose
Steve Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 12:17 PM   #2473
Kevreif
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: where the west and north branch susquehanna meet
Oddometer: 444
sweet ride

sweet ride steve. the clear turn signals, black rims, are those side panels black or gray? its hard to tell in the lighting. i really like the black wheels. are they powercoated? and if so how much did it cost to have them done?
Kevreif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 12:42 PM   #2474
Seba1
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Seba1's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Ljubljana,Slovenia
Oddometer: 159
Nice Bike
Seba1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 04:21 PM   #2475
Steve Young
A Scotsman in Canada
 
Steve Young's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Oddometer: 99
Side panels

are black, wheels were stripped and just painted satin black, nothing too fancy. Quite a few other mods. Happy with it now, roll on more good weather. This weekend
__________________
Confucius say, man who snort coke, get bubbles up nose
Steve Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014