Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2008, 12:49 AM   #30
Steve G.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantegod
Hi Steve,

I wish I could get one of the Davida girls to come over and help you hand wash your jacket... If you check on our web site it has complete washing instructions for all the garments www.BritishMotorcycleGear.com bottom of home page.. quite a few of Belstaff's products were made for winter commuting.. If you only have a bike to get you to work in the UK or Germany your jacket better be as warm as possible hence the Discovery jacket and the Merlin and Trekker Jackets before it... The more recent models like the Challenger ( full write up in Rider April Issue cover of Rider March Issue) have a lot more venting for riders that are looking for a wider temperture range not the warmest jacket possible... We also have some great jackets for the heat.. Zodiac and Adventurer both of which will keep you warm if you have a nice heated vest under them but are great and hot humid climates.. Hold on to the old waxed cotton they are going for big money these days. I just sold a 1968 version I had for $1200.

Paul
Thanks for the info Paul.
Geez, 1200$ for an old waxed cotton. Mine's in really good shape too.
Cheers, Steve
Steve G. is offline   Reply With Quote