But where?
And when?

13th?
reidobandido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 10:14 PM   #77
johnjen
Mod-U-Later

Oddometer: 15,343
Japhy and I met at the site this evening... He will be posting the details and a few pics soon.

JJ
ps. yes the 13th, starting in the morning so we will be wrenchin before noon.

WingMakers.com
Collected Works of the WingMakers Volume 1 pg. 590
johnjen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 10:58 PM   #78
cainan
Drifter

Oddometer: 11
I'm In

I don't know the protocol, but I'd sure like to attend.

Looking forward to it,

Greg
cainan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 12:11 AM   #79
johnjen
Mod-U-Later

protocol, protorcol? we don't got no stink'n protocol

Just show up with the necessary tools etc...

JJ

WingMakers.com
Old 06-04-2004, 01:12 PM   #80
L.A. OP
Regular Guy™

Oddometer: 1,305
Ok OVAD fans, here're the directions to the location where we will be a wrenchin' on Sunday June 13th. The address is: 3600 E. Marginal Way South. The club house is about 1/4 block east of the intersection of Spokane St. and E. Marginal Way S. It's important to note that Spokane Street has two levels; one elevated over the other. We will be on the ground level. This place is not hard to find, and we even decided to provide some pics to make it a little easier for you to find us...

This is what you would see if you were looking east from the intersection of Spokane St. and E. Marginal Way S. I don't know who that guy is, but he kept following me. Actually, you'll come to know him very soon.
Attached Images

"In their lifetimes, most people will never need a gun. Those that do will need one very badly."
- Gen. George A. Custer

Japhy Ryder screwed with this post 06-04-2004 at 01:38 PM
L.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 01:16 PM   #81
L.A. OP
Regular Guy™

Keep coming down the road. Remember now, you are riding east (the direction from which the sun rises, the way back to that hooker you passed who was standing on 4th Ave. S., the way back to I-5, etc.). That green dumpster in the image is where you'll be making your right turn into the work area.
Attached Images

"In their lifetimes, most people will never need a gun. Those that do will need one very badly."
- Gen. George A. Custer
Old 06-04-2004, 01:20 PM   #82
L.A. OP
Regular Guy™

You're almost there...just think of how well your bike is going to run once you give those valves and TBs a little tweak! Remember that green dumspter? Here it is again, a little closer this time.
Attached Images

- Gen. George A. Custer
Old 06-04-2004, 01:31 PM   #83
L.A. OP
Regular Guy™

Ahhhh, you made it. Find a place to park, put it in on the center stand and shut 'er down. It'll take about an hour for the engine to cool sufficently so that we can start working on the bikes.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there. It would be nice if everyone brought a little something to drink or eat. Volunteers are needed to bring something such as drinks, feed, etc. I'll bring some coffee-in-a-box from Starbucks.

Oh, someone asked about available restaurants, coffee houses, etc. that are near the OVAD location. It's pretty industrial in this area, and I don't think that there is much within walking distance. There is a Starbucks on first ave near Home Depot and Sears. That's about the closest I can think of.

I'm heading out of town in the next two hours for a weekend of flyfishing, so won't be able to return anyone's post until Sunday night. Until then, JR
Attached Images

- Gen. George A. Custer
Old 06-04-2004, 02:51 PM   #84
johnjen
Mod-U-Later

Ok so to reiterate the directions..

The building is at the corner of Spokane St. and E. Marginal Way S. at the street level. The area we will be inhabiting is about 1/2 block east on Spokane St. Since Spokane is divided you HAVE to be traveling east to get to the entrance. The area is relatively large and can accomodate at least 20 bikes if we use a plan...

Since the best light is towards the entrance we should park the bikes that aren't going to be worked on towards the back. This also means we need to keep a path open for all bikes to come and go. There seems to be enough space to handle at least 12 - 15 bikes being worked on all at the same time if we plan for it.

Also as was stated earlier in this thread it will take at least an hour of cool down for the engine to reach a low enough temperature for this procedure. So this cool down hour can be used for setup and Q/A and general bull shitting...

This space is very industrial (as Japhy pointed out) and as such sitting directly on the ground will be dirty and cold... I'd suggest that you bring a blanket or thermarest or even a milk crate to sit on... also bring extra rags or newspaper for the valve covers (and other parts) to sit on so they don't get scratched on the concrete, nor pick up dust and dirt from the floor...

I will bring a thermometer and other tools and ointments, greases, etc... for general use...

If someone is of a mind to, they can photo-document the event for later inclusion in ADVrider...

It seems that a start time of 9:30am is about right.. That means people will start wrench'n by 11:00am and be ready for the TB synch by 2-3:00pm and everyone done by 5-6:00pm. A full day of fun and busted knuckles...

JJ

WingMakers.com
Old 06-04-2004, 10:24 PM   #85
GSguy
Here's a quarter.

Oddometer: 3,136
Hey still count me in for now. It looks like the day is still wide open. I can bring a camera for a couple of pics.
Old 06-05-2004, 12:01 AM   #86
Skylab

Oddometer: n/a
I am still coming.
Old 06-05-2004, 11:05 AM   #87
Javarilla
Escapee

Oddometer: 23,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorCop
I am still coming.
MotorCop, eh?

Perhaps I'm putting undue emphasis on that final syllable. Maybe, COP is just your initials, like Carl Odyseus Paladin. But you being a GS-kinda-guy, you're standing up for the individuation of mankind and kicking against the pricks with your disregard for capitalization - a simple act of personal defiance against punctuation nazis...

But, uh, on the off-chance that it's a rather more common acronym turned noun referring to, uh, Constable on Patrol...

please, er, Ahem. Please forget anything you've ever read about Javarilla. I've never done a wheelie, stoppie, or exceeded the speed limit or otherwise abused or endangered anyone or anything (besides lizards, snakes, birds, bugs and self) on the public roadways. Honest!

Besides, who could do such a thing a 600lb BMW ADenture Motorcycle? We good? Excellent!

Keep an eye out for those XR500L riders, though - those guys are hooligans!
Javarilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 03:41 PM   #88
Skylab

Oddometer: n/a
After checkinig the tool list in the OVAD section, I noticed that a ticket book was not included so I think I will leave it at home.
Old 06-06-2004, 05:16 PM   #89
Javarilla
Escapee

Oddometer: 23,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorCop
After checkinig the tool list in the OVAD section, I noticed that a ticket book was not included so I think I will leave it at home.
You Da MAN!
Javarilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 10:26 PM   #90
johnjen
Mod-U-Later

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javarilla
You Da MAN!
Yeah, in multiple senses of that phrase...

JJ

WingMakers.com