Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2008, 07:22 PM   #16
SafariBerg OP
Oz Safari Addict

Oddometer: 2,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsra
im looking into the best oil to use in my 650fe, local shop recommends bellray, as they say its the best they have used, can you verify the quote 'by far the best', in regards to the motul 300v. why do you think its the best to use?
i know where i am , the motul is $30 per litre, but the bellray is $15. but the extra 15 bucks is nothing if i get a few thousand more clicks out of the engine.

thanks.

Paul
www.useddirtbikes.com.au
Paul, thats easy the Motul 300V is a full double ester oil that has zero % shear loss, ie no loss of lubrication at full operating temps & speed over time. The Bellray is a single ester oil ie older generation technology. The Motul was specially developed for 4 stroke bikes for Rallye racing ie high stress - high temps, and the car version was developed for NASCAR's.

I was put onto it by 2 Dutch and Swedish Husaberg rallye & supermoto race teams that have used it for 4 years with NO blown motors. I have used it now and would not use anything else. My '07 rallye race bike has done ~7,000 km and we are currently getting it ready for another 4,500 km in this years Safari rallye, pulled it down to check and it was like brand new inside.

Get a litre and have a look at it, its not like any other oil you will see. Yes an extra $15 is very cheap insurance per litre IMO.