ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2004, 03:11 PM   #1
storymitchell OP
Member of the proletariat

Oddometer: 1,239
NOVA to Seneca Rocks Festival of Fives ?

Anybody from NOVA headed to the Seneca Rocks Festival of Fives this weekend? I'm contemplating an early (~5AM) start Saturday AM if anybody is headed that way.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.
storymitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 04:22 AM   #2
PhilSpace
The Gov

Oddometer: 35,133
You should see brother Jerry (he is the rally bastard) and pfestus1 there for sure. Saturday many will be at Blue Grass for the big hoe down to support the library. I might ride out there, wave and drink one of Jerry's beers - maybe on the F650, just to really piss them off

PS - be careful and don't bend over, they are a tough bunch and the really like sheep 'cause they can't talk

PhilSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 10:03 AM   #3
eap
El Adventurero Solitario

Oddometer: 3,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilSpace
You should see brother Jerry (he is the rally bastard) and pfestus1 there for sure. Saturday many will be at Blue Grass for the big hoe down to support the library. I might ride out there, wave and drink one of Jerry's beers - maybe on the F650, just to really piss them off

PS - be careful and don't bend over, they are a tough bunch and the really like sheep 'cause they can't talk
Yep those two'll be there for sure - usually where the one is, the other's not far behind...(Pfestus on the far left, Jerry on the far right)
keep an eye out for Pfestus and his rig
somewhere between Seneca Rocks and BlueGrass, Va - Sorry I won't be able to join you all.
"Over the Mountains Of the Moon, Down the Valley of the Shadow, Ride, boldly ride," -From 'Eldorado', Edgar Allen Poe (1849) http://www.eapoe.org/works/poems/eldrdoa.htm
eap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 05:47 PM   #4
freaking RT
will golf for food

Oddometer: 30,433
nope, the bike is in the shop for a new rear tire and the 60K service.

oops, I'm not from NOVA
IBA#10787

“We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution.”
– Abraham Lincoln

"Fathom the odd hypocrisy that Obama wants every citizen to prove they are insured, but people don't have to prove they are citizens".
-Anonymous

WV VA Good Eats Map
freaking RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 03:14 AM   #5
storymitchell OP

The /6 strikes again! I suppose I should be glad that it crapped out in my driveway rather than halfway to Seneca Rocks.

I gotta get a new(er) bike.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.
Old 06-21-2004, 02:52 AM   #6
Barry
Just Beastly

Oddometer: 7,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by storymitchell
The /6 strikes again! I suppose I should be glad that it crapped out in my driveway rather than halfway to Seneca Rocks.

I gotta get a new(er) bike.
Tons of Jap bikes out there for under $3K. Nice ones too...

Barry

Do not do business with Myrtle West Cycle... Not a reputable vendor by a long shot.
Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 04:52 AM   #7
storymitchell OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry
Tons of Jap bikes out there for under $3K. Nice ones too...

Barry
I have to make sure the new-ish job is gonna be around for the next year before I go spending money on (another) toy. I am keeping an eye on the mid-90s ZX-11s passing through EBay, and would suspect that sooner or later one of them will end up in my garage. Cheap bastard that I am, though, I'll most likely buy at the bottom of the market / Nov-Dec timeframe.