Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-21-2002, 09:52 PM   #1
fish OP
Banned

Oddometer: 47,709
BMW R1150RT Brake Rant

[rant]I'm pissed at BMW. I've got some issues with my RT that bmwscruz is doing an adequate job of addressing. But I'm pissed at BMW because of their stance on the RT brake issue. They redesigned the rear ABS modulator and cut it into new production some time back. But this doesn't piss me off. What pisses me off is that a particular individual over at mrn posted the TSB about the RT brakes, and BMWNA is coming down hard on him. I can't fucking believe it. They issued a recall for the 1150GS brakeline potentially rubbing on the speedo cable, but not a single word publicly about how the integral ABS senses rear wheel lock-up and releases the front wheel, causing some massive ass-puckering. I've experienced this time and time again, and have grown used to taking it easy in the downhill bumpy stuff, but I don't want to anymore. These are the best brakes in the world and should work as advertised. Too, what I've found is only the most aggressive RT riders complain about this. Average riders only see the massive stopping power in the brakes, but don't take them to the limit necessary to override the design. I wish I could be like that.

Shit...now the blue and white roundel helicopters are going to start watching me.

Can you believe my friend actually got a "cease and desist" letter
from BMWNA to take the image of the RT brake TSB off his website?
[/rant]

fish screwed with this post 08-24-2002 at 02:00 PM
fish is offline   Reply With Quote