Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-26-2008, 02:03 PM   #1
ajayhawkfan OP
Rock Chalk

Oddometer: 4,299
Trans Wisconsin Trail, Porcupine Poo and Lake Superior

My brother-in-law, Pete and I were talking about getting together and riding somewhere. It is not that easy because he lives north of St. Paul, MN and I’m in Kansas City, MO. About that same time we were discussing getting together, I read about rokklym’s Trans Wisconsin Trail. I sent Pete the link to rokklym’s RR and asked if he was interested. He was! We agreed to meet in Dubuque, Iowa on August 13 to start our adventure.
The night of August 12 I was so excited I could not sleep. I left early, in the fog to ride to Dubuque to meet.

I rode gravel most of the way.

In Dubuque we were going to stay at the Hotel Canfield at $40 a night including tax.
I arrived first and checked the place out. It would not be worth $40 if they cleaned the sheets. It was a flop house. However, if you are ever looking for a $3.00 hooker I believe you could find one there. I went down the street to the Holiday Inn and booked a room. Pete took one look at the Hotel Canfield and knew to look for me elsewhere. For dinner we went to the Brickhouse Brewery for some good food and better beer and a lot of excited talk about the Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail (TWAT) and more beer.

Texas Hill Country Badlands and Black Hills Riding the T.W.A.T Photos

ajayhawkfan screwed with this post 08-27-2008 at 01:29 PM
ajayhawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote